This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

02_muxing stuck at 99%
Hello and thanks for your time,

Basically I've been following the practice of (from 6:00):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qz8WFfZ...0s&index=6

Im Compressing some pretty large files into more manageable sizes for youtube. Im not compressing 8k but am using 4k footage so have changes the x264 bitrate to 100000.
FIle size as follows:

4992x2496 Equi-rec

The compression runs through until 99% muxing at which point nothing moves

WIndows PC with latest version of Hybrid

Output txt attached

Cheers
Without a debug output, there is sadly no way for me to reproduce or analyze this.
-> Read sticky.

Cu Selur
(10.04.2018, 07:07)Selur Wrote: Without a debug output, there is sadly no way for me to reproduce or analyze this.
-> Read sticky.

Cu Selur

Hi Selur,
Sorry, though it had attached. My bad

Cam

Hi again Selur,
Looks like x264 doesn't like 4992x2496 so I have re-rendered to 4096x2048 with positive compression results.
Cheers
The crash occurs during the muxing, so x264 itself probably isn't at fault.
The muxing call:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\MP4Box.exe" -par 1=1:1 -add "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\11_57_~1.264"#video:fps=29.97:delay=43:name=:lang="en" -brand avc1 -add "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\IID_1_~3.AAC"#audio:lang="en" -mpeg4 -itags tool="Hybrid 2018.04.08.1" -tmp "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp" -new "F:\LEWDICROUS_DESIGN_WORK\HARTISANN\VIDEO_ASSETS\ASSETS_HIGHREZ\COMPLETE_FINALS\11_57_03_4710__06.mp4"
seems to be fine to.
Do you get and errors if you call that call inside a Windows command prompt?

Also try whether is works if you enable: "Config->Output->Container settings->Mp4 Settings->FFmpeg instead of MP4Box"

Cu Selur
cheers for your response Selur, I'll give that a try also

(10.04.2018, 07:54)CaptCam Wrote: cheers for your response Selur, I'll give that a try also

and.... It worked a treat! Cheers for all your help!!

Cam
Did you get any error when using the command line inside a Windows command prompt?

Cu Selur
Hey,
I didn't get as far as CMD, my trouble shooting took me down other lines Smile
okay,... even though the problem will persist, happy you got a solution.
(couldn't reproduce any muxing issues when encoding to 4992x2496 with x264 and muxing with mp4box)

Cu Selur