This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

4K transcoding problem with NVENC (outdated false limitation in Hybrid)
(07.10.2018, 10:36)Selur Wrote: Next release will have an option to disable this, but in case Hybrid or any of the tools that comes with it ever does anything it should not, don't complain to me.
There is no dev version without this, I got a dev version which already supports the overwrite 'runAsAdmin' option in it's misc.ini, but that's it.

Also I don't think this is a 'false error'.

Cu Selur

I think it is a flase error in this  Dev version, because I have not such problems in normal versions and in previous DEV versions. The software do not want to start with or without admin rights.
Hybrid dev version should work fine without admin rights, does so here and seemingly for everyone else who used the dev version,...
As soon as a user which is in the admin group starts Hybrid it will close unless the new 'runAsAdmin' option is used.
For those interested in the code, here's how this is checked:
SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY authority = { SECURITY_NT_AUTHORITY };
PSID adminGroup;
// Initialize SID.
if (!AllocateAndInitializeSid(&authority, 2, SECURITY_BUILTIN_DOMAIN_RID, DOMAIN_ALIAS_RID_ADMINS, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, &adminGroup))
 return false;

BOOL isInAdminGroup = FALSE;
if (!CheckTokenMembership(nullptr, adminGroup, &isInAdminGroup)){
 isInAdminGroup = FALSE;
}

FreeSid(adminGroup);
return bool(isInAdminGroup);

Quote:because I have not such problems in normal version
Last stable release didn't have the check in it.
Quote:and in previous DEV versions
Only dev versions starting from August 19th would have the check.

Cu Selur