This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

AV1 encode & decode build issue
I have successfully git code the latest code from https://aomedia.googlesource.com/aom#get-the-code
and successfully generating the projects and solution for the Microsoft IDE.

I am currently stuck after this. I wish to generate .exe file for both encoder and decoder but when I run build on visual studio for aom_av1_encoder project there are some error LNK1181: cannot open input file'Release\aom.lib'

Does any one have any experiences in compiling the AV1 encode and decode source code in Windows OS?
I use https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite to build aomenc and aomdec (and lots of other stuff).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Hybrid on Windows also has both binaries in its 64bit folder.
(13.04.2018, 17:31)Selur Wrote: I use https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite to build aomenc and aomdec (and lots of other stuff).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Hybrid on Windows also has both binaries in its 64bit folder.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any difference between the AOM build version of the link you mentioned compared to the official released version? and what is the benefit of using this?
The build suite creates a whole build environment on Windows to build aom (and other stuff) checks out the sources and builds the tools.
It's a way to build up-to-date versions of tools without having to manually check for updates etc.
-> Aside that it doesn't use MSVC the resulting .exe files should create the same results.

Cu Selur
(16.04.2018, 05:23)Selur Wrote: The build suite creates a whole build environment on Windows to build aom (and other stuff) checks out the sources and builds the tools.
It's a way to build up-to-date versions of tools without having to manually check for updates etc.
-> Aside that it doesn't use MSVC the resulting .exe files should create the same results.

Cu Selur

Thank you for your explaination, I downloaded the build environment and try to build aom. However, I did not find any aomenc or aomdec in my local64\bin-(audio/global/video)
stated in the github readme: 
  • Wait a little bit, and hopefully after a while you'll find all your "*.exe" tools under local32\bin-(audio/global/video) or local64\bin-(audio/global/video)

Do I need to specified any comment in order to generate the .exe files?
What did you specify during the configuration?
(20.04.2018, 09:38)Selur Wrote: What did you specify during the configuration?
this is the configuration recorded inside my autobuild_suite.ini [ my target is just to build aomenc and aomdec for test ]

Side question: msys2 currently installing quite a number of audio tools and the running time for autogen and make take so loooooooog ( probably 1 hour for git clone to finish the installation for 1 tools only) , it is normal ?

msys2Arch=2
arch=3
license2=1
standalone=1
vpx2=2
aom=1
x2643=2
x2652=2
other265=2
flac=2
fdkaac=2
faac=2
mediainfo=2
soxB=2
ffmpegB2=2
ffmpegUpdate=2
ffmpegChoice=2
mp4box=2
rtmpdump=2
mplayer2=2
mpv=2
bmx=2
curl=2
ffmbc=2
cyanrip=2
redshift=2
cores=4
deleteSource=1
strip=1
pack=2
logging=1
updateSuite=1
Yes, compile for some tools can be quiet long, especially one the first run.
Will look at your settings tonight.

Cu Selur
I made an new checkout and used your settings and I agree that building the audio tools seems to be a mistake of the script.
-> Will notify the authors of the script.
Here's a rough benchmark of the time needed here:
  • Downloaded and started the script and finished the configuration questionaire at 20:13
    My configuration:
    [compiler list]
    msys2Arch=2
    arch=1
    license2=1
    standalone=1
    vpx2=2
    aom=1
    x2643=2
    x2652=2
    other265=2
    flac=2
    fdkaac=2
    faac=2
    mediainfo=2
    soxB=2
    ffmpegB2=2
    ffmpegUpdate=2
    ffmpegChoice=2
    mp4box=2
    rtmpdump=2
    mplayer2=2
    mpv=2
    bmx=2
    curl=2
    ffmbc=2
    cyanrip=2
    redshift=2
    cores=4
    deleteSource=1
    strip=1
    pack=2
    logging=1
    updateSuite=1
  • 20:13-25 Building compilation environment
  • 20:25-20:31 building 32bit audio tools (-> no clue why, created a request to the authors: https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-aut...issues/816)
  • 20:31-20:33 32bit video compilation
  • 20:33-20:35 64bit audio compilation
  • 20:35-20:38 64bit video compilation
  • 20:38 Finished

Cu Selur