This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Add windows 7 download
Hi Selur,
could you, please, post last version you sended to me which working under win7 into download section (selur.de/downloads)? I mean - there will be two sections - windows 10 version and windows 7 version. I think that it will be very useful also for other users...

Thank you.
No clue why you opened another thread for this.
Have you even tested the version I send you,.. ?
At least I am not sure everything still works with the Qt5 build,..
I will probably not add an additional download for one user.

Cu Selur
What about maintaining backward windows 7 compatibility? I mean - should I ask you when you release new version for rebuilding for windows 7?
So you are asking me to be stuck at Qt5, since Qt6 does not support Windows 7?
Or how you you envision this backward compatibility to work?
And for how long?

Cu Selur
I will stay on windows 7 basically "forever", because from win 8 up microsoft broked many good features (Start menu, control panel, constant long updates, app Settings, etc.)
But I dont want to force you to compile every new version of hybrid. So I will monitor release notes and when I discovers something useful, may I request you for recompiling? Because I know that constant recompiling may be time consuming (isnt there some automated tool for that???)...
The problem isn't the compiling it's having to write extra code to stay compatible with an old Windows Qt versions.
Seems like simply too much hassle to keep maintaining support for an OS which was release 2009, isn't even supported by Microsoft any more and which really is a pain to setup in a virtual machine nowadays (did that last night).
-> Unless there are quite a few more users who your benefit from this I don't see me spending time on this.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Had the same discussion back when 2017.12.24.1 was the last Windows XP build.