This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Any chance of png out (image stream) support?
Wink 
I have a "second half" of a project that I need to process, where the "first half" is an image stream of png's.

So I'm just going to use Hybrid to generate lossless .mp4, then use ffmpeg to create the image stream of png's.

ffmpeg -r 1 -i "lossless_output.mp4" -r 1 image%06d.png

It would be nice if Hybrid could have png out support at some point in the future. Wink
not happening
Do you know of a good program or way to "join" separately created video files without re-encoding them, if both files are created using the exact same encoding settings? (I'm using CRF 18.)

When I do this via "append" in MKVToolNix, it always complains that the files can't be properly appended and to check playback. The mkv file will play fine all the way through in some hardware players, but in other ones, it will glitch when it gets to the "append" point and display corrupted video.

It seemed to me that png files would be the "cleanest" way to do this for universal compatibility. (Hence my request for a png direct out, rather than: lossless out -> frame extract to png -> renumber fine names and copy to one directory -> final encode via Hybrid.)
Quote:Do you know of a good program or way to "join" separately created video files without re-encoding them, if both files are created using the exact same encoding settings? (I'm using CRF 18.)
No details -> no clue Smile
Your description hardly says anything about the format and settings you use. When using H.264, streams might need the same SPS/PPS to be append-able. Level&Profiles need to be the same. GOP type (closed vs. open),....

Cu Selur