This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio Sync problem after re-encoding
Assuming this still happens with 2020.07.17.1 I can look at it next week (I'm afk for the weekend) assuming you can share one of the files that allow me to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
I see no problem just by the screenshot.
Create a debug output of the CropPreview.

Cu Selur
(17.07.2020, 12:47)Selur Wrote: I see no problem just by the screenshot.
Create a debug output of the CropPreview.

Cu Selur

I think this reply was in the wrong thread..

I can gladly make the file available to you.. Let me test in the latest release and if its still an issue, I give you what you need so you can have a play.

Edit: Just tested.. Same results.. I have sent you a link to the MKV in question.> To reproduce, no need to re-encode.. Simply do passthrough (Video and Audio) and the result has the bad audio sync.
You are right.
I know you have been away.. But just wanted to check if you got the file I sent you?
Got the file.
I can reproduce the sync issue.
Not sure what caused it so far. My guess atm. is that there is some glitch in the stream somewhhere,..
-> looking into it
Damn with the horrible camera movement it is a pain to spot this.
Try whether enabling
'Config->Internals->Input->Extraction->Stream extraction with ffmpeg'
and/or
'Config->Container->Output Settings->FFmpeg for -mkv muxing'
helps.

Cu Selur
Will try later. The easiest way to check this is just look for bits of dialogue.. There is one right at the end which shows the sync perfectly.

I agree that there must be something wrong with the file, but there are 2 1/2s to this show and BOTH files are exactly the same.

and AVIDEMUX encoded it without issue, so there is something that Hybrid and its backend tools doesn't ike about this file which others have no problem with.

(20.07.2020, 17:54)Selur Wrote: Damn with the horrible camera movement it is a pain to spot this.
Try whether enabling
and/or
helps.

Cu Selur
Handbrake probably also can handle the file.
No clue what's with it what makes it hard to know whether this is something that is worth spending time on or not or whether this can even be fixed with the tools Hybrid uses.

Cu Selu
(20.07.2020, 17:54)Selur Wrote: Damn with the horrible camera movement it is a pain to spot this.
Try whether enabling
and/or
helps.

Cu Selur

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.. Been encoding none stop so needed to find a point where I could do the test cleanly.

Neither of these options help... But as you said, its not worth worrying about.. Its certainly something about the file so I am happy to just keep a few other tools (AVIDemux) in the background which I can turn too for these problematic files.

Thanks for trying

Jon