This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio out of Sync
I am running windows 10 64bit newest hybrid running. 

I am converting a mpeg2 1080i video that i dvr'd to my pc into a x264 mkv file.  Ideally i would like to leave it 1080i.  No matter what i do, the audio is out of sync.  
I went back and played the original video and it is in sync.  I have it set to passthrough the audio, but i have also tried to convert the audio to something else and the same thing happens.

i have captured the debug and i noticed it says, "inputFrameRate: 25.00000000"   On the base tab it shows 29.970 is the input frame rate, could this be the problem, and if so what can i do to fix it?  

Also I would prefer to keep the video as close to the original as possible, so i am using crf 16, but how to i keep it 1080i and let the device do the deinterlacing?
The initial 25 fps at the beginning is the default value which later get's changed to fps: 29.970, so that isn't related to the issue.

If you want to keep Hybrid from deinterlacing you should enable x264->Frames->Advanced Frame Settings->Interlaced encoding. Hybrid will then not deinterlace the source.

That said, I doubt the deinterlacing is the fault of the sync problems.
Since the input is an mpeg file, it might help to run it through something like ProjectX, PVAStrumento or any other tool which is ment to fix such files. (captured files often have header/timecode/..) problems which can cause problems during encoding.

Cu Selur
(12.01.2018, 06:20)Selur Wrote: The initial 25 fps at the beginning is the default value which later get's changed to  fps: 29.970, so that isn't related to the issue.

If you want to keep Hybrid from deinterlacing you should enable x264->Frames->Advanced Frame Settings->Interlaced encoding. Hybrid will then not deinterlace the source.

That said, I doubt the deinterlacing is the fault of the sync problems.
Since the input is an mpeg file, it might help to run it through something like ProjectX, PVAStrumento or any other tool which is ment to fix such files. (captured files often have header/timecode/..) problems which can cause problems during encoding.

Cu Selur

I will try one of those programs and see if that helps.
These are not captures using a capture card, they are from a hdhomerun using a cable card.
Main point is that all those captured streams have problems with headers, which normally isn't a problem during playback, but can cause problems especially when audio&video are processing independently, like Hybrid does. Handbrake and similar tools which process audio&video at the same tame are more suited to process such input. Smile

Cu Selur
(12.01.2018, 18:24)Selur Wrote: Main point is that all those captured streams have problems with headers, which normally isn't a problem during playback, but can cause problems especially when audio&video are processing independently, like Hybrid does. Handbrake and similar tools which process audio&video at the same tame are more suited to process such input. Smile

Cu Selur

I am trying handbrake now.  i didn't realize it worked differently from hybrid.

I tried PVAStrumento, but it said there wasn't a stream on this file and also on the ones that hybrid works with.
Out of 16 files, only the 2 cbs games have this issue.  There are 2 NBC games that are also 1080i that worked fine.  So maybe is the way cbs does something.  
I will see if handbrake works or not.  
(12.01.2018, 21:23)jbahlman@gmail.com Wrote:
(12.01.2018, 18:24)Selur Wrote: Main point is that all those captured streams have problems with headers, which normally isn't a problem during playback, but can cause problems especially when audio&video are processing independently, like Hybrid does. Handbrake and similar tools which process audio&video at the same tame are more suited to process such input. Smile

Cu Selur

I am trying handbrake now.  i didn't realize it worked differently from hybrid.

I tried PVAStrumento, but it said there wasn't a stream on this file and also on the ones that hybrid works with.
Out of 16 files, only the 2 cbs games have this issue.  There are 2 NBC games that are also 1080i that worked fine.  So maybe is the way cbs does something.  
I will see if handbrake works or not.  
Thanks,  Handbrake was able to convert with the audio in sync