This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Blank Video Thumbnail After Converting Video.
Video 
I just upgraded to Hybrid 2017.10.05.1 (for Windows) after the previous version stopped working. With the new version, everything was working perfectly well, except when I convert a video, the thumbnail of the converted video ends up being blank for some reason. The previous version didn't have this problem and now I'm left with no other choice but to ask for help in this forum. The video is able to play just fine. It's just the video thumbnail where there's suppose to be a picture of the video is missing. I provided an attachment so you can see the problem. Hope you can fix this right away.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thumbnail previews are chosen by the OS.
Nothing to do with Hybrid.

May be clearing the thumbnail cache, so that Windows recreates the thumbnails helps,..
May be this helps: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...f3906c3a12
(don't really look at thumbnails myself, I try to stick with 'detail' view for all my folders Smile)

Cu Selur
"Thumbnail previews are chosen by the OS.

Nothing to do with Hybrid."

If it has nothing to do with Hybrid, then why do all the other videos that I converted using the old version of Hybrid have their thumbnails perfectly intact. It's only when I convert the videos using the new version that I get blank thumbnails on my videos.
Video 
I also tried converting a video on another program to see if the problem is the same as in Hybrid. Guess what? When I converted the video on another program, the thumbnail shows up unlike in Hybrid! So I think it's safe to say this is a Hybrid problem. You might want to see if there's any bugs or viruses affecting your software.
I dont have thumbnails in videos wich i convertet with you dev version Sylur.Older files have thumbnails.

I tried reinstall k lite codeck pack and now i have thumbnails in all files.
(10.12.2017, 01:27)Peter82kr Wrote: I dont have thumbnails in videos wich i convertet with you dev version Sylur.Older files have thumbnails.

I tried reinstall k lite codeck pack and now i have thumbnails in all files.

How did you do it? Can you explain it step by step?
As a small side note:
Have you tried to let Windows recreate the thumbnails? (by resetting them?)
see: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-reset...windows-10

As long as the video itself is fine Hybrid has nothing to do with black thumbnails.

Cu Selur
Alright, I tried the suggestions in the link that you provided and unfortunately, NONE of them have worked. Are you sure this doesn't have anything to do with the Hybrid program itself? I think it has to be. I already tried converting/rendering videos on other programs and none of them produce the blank thumbnails like you have with Hybrid (new version). I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hybrid altogether and the same problem still persists. I don't know what else to do.
Hybrid itself is just a gui, so Hybrid itself can't be the cause of the problem.
That said one of the tools Hybrid is using might do something, but since you didn't care to share what sort of file you create with Hybrid I assume that you know your way around all the different formats&co.

I haven't changed the muxing calls for either ffmpeg, MP4Box or MkvMerge in ages, so I doubt that it's Hybrids fault.
-> Share details if you want help.

Cu Selur
Did some testing on my Win10 system and there except for H.264 inside mp4 thumbnails are shown. (tested MPEG-4 H.265, Mpeg-4 H.264 and MPEG-4 ASP)
Tried both mp4box&ffmpeg as muxer, x264 inside mp4 gets no thumbnails here.

Cu Selur