This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Blank Video Thumbnail After Converting Video.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "tool" Hybrid is using or "file" I create with Hybrid, but if it helps, I use Hybrid to convert my mp4 files to 60 fps. My main settings are as follows:

Base Tab

Switch audio to passthrough all

x264 Tab
General Settings
Bitrate: 7000

Restriction Settings
AVC Profile/Level: 4.2

Filtering>Avisynth Tab
Bottom right corner switch Support to Avisyth

Frame Tab

Check FPS adjust:
Select InterFrame
Preset: Faster
Tuning: Smooth
Target frame rate: adjust to any rate
Override algo: smooth
Check GPU

Hope this helps.

(10.12.2017, 18:23)Selur Wrote: Did some testing on my Win10 system and there except for H.264 inside mp4 thumbnails are shown. (tested MPEG-4 H.265, Mpeg-4 H.264 and MPEG-4 ASP)
Tried both mp4box&ffmpeg as muxer, x264 inside mp4 gets no thumbnails here.

Cu Selur

So I was right all along?
Seems like Windows 10 can't create thumbnails when H.264 is inside an mp4 file and the mp4 file contains par information.
-> this isn't a bug in Hybrid, this is a bug in Windows.

In case your output has a PAR of 1:1 disabling "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->Signal PAR 1:1" will solve the problem for you.
Note: when you encode anamorph content to H.264 Windows can't create thumbnails. *gig*

And no, this isn't a bug in Hybrid. Signaling the pixel aspect ration inside the mp4 container for H.264 content is totally normal.
(And for other formats Windows does seem to support it just fine.)

Quote:So I was right all along?
No, since this isn't a bug in Hybrid and if this ever worked I'm pretty sure it stopped because Windows changed something.

Cu Selur
Finally it worked! Thanks for the help.