This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Couldn't add Subtitles on "Embed subtitle in frame" with "Overwrite ass styling"
Got the latest version of Hybrid 2017.05.06.1

I'm trying to encode a video and embed subtitles on frame with custom font.
Seems to be working fine w/o errors when only used with "Embed subtitle in frame" ; but with "Overwrite ass styling" there's an error that says
    once you hit "Add to queue"

I've sent the HybridOutput text via email.
Thanks!
Will look into after work.
Okay, Thanks!
Seems like the Output path got lost somewhere since:
C:\Users\Gigabyte\Videos\Series\You Who Came From The Stars [1080p]\You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt to \You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt.
is missing the output path.

Can you write down step-by-step what you do so that I can try to reproduce the issue here?

Cu Selur

Ps.: btw. one can copy the text of those popups by pressing ctr+c Wink
Hi,
Here's the step-by-step procedure on reproducing the error:
1. Run Hybrid
2. I dragged the Video "You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].mkv" to the input box.
3. Go to Subtitle tab and manually added "C:\Users\Gigabyte\Videos\Series\You Who Came From The Stars [1080p]\You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt"
4. Checked "Embed subtitle in frame" then checked "Overwrite ass styling"
5. On styling box: I selected the font (LTFinnegan OsF Medium) with color (0000ffff) of my liking.
6. Hit (+) add on the top right side corner: "C:\Users\Gigabyte\Videos\Series\You Who Came From The Stars [1080p]\You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt"
7. On the Main tab: Hit "Add to queue" and there you go (btw nice feature on ctr+c the error box)
---------------------------
Error
Couldn't copy C:\Users\Gigabyte\Videos\Series\You Who Came From The Stars [1080p]\You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt to \You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt.
OK
then again:
Error
Couldn't copy C:\Users\Gigabyte\Videos\Series\You Who Came From The Stars [1080p]\You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt to \You Who Came From The Stars E01 [1080p][x264][AC3].srt.
OK
It prompts 2 times.

Thanks! Smile
What I did:
  • start Hybrid, reset to the defaults (Config->Defaults->Reset->All; to make sure none of my normal settings interfere with the result)
  • load an mkv file (drag&crop to the main-tab)
  • enable subtitle
  • switch to subtitle-tab
  • load external subtitle
  • enable 'Embed subtitle in frame'
  • enable 'Overwrite ass styling'
  • select a custom font
  • enable and set a custom 'Primary color'
  • add subtitle to 'subtitle queue'
  • set output in main-tab
  • press 'add to queue'
-> So far I can't reproduce the issue here. Sad (I tried also naming the files as you did.)
Please create a debug output level 9 of the job creation (activate the debug output just before pressing 'add to queue').

Cu Selur
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
I did your steps (reset) and didn't get the error but I think I kinda figured out whats causing it.
Try this steps:
  • start Hybrid, reset to the defaults (Config->Defaults->Reset->All; to make sure none of my normal settings interfere with the result)
  • go to config>path and set your preferred "default output path"
  • at main tab select "Generate"
  • load an mkv file (drag&crop to the main-tab)
  • enable subtitle
  • switch to subtitle-tab
  • load external subtitle
  • enable 'Embed subtitle in frame'
  • enable 'Overwrite ass styling'
  • select a custom font
  • enable and set a custom 'Primary color'
  • add subtitle to 'subtitle queue'
  • set output in main-tab
  • press 'add to queue'
Send you a lvl9 output on email just in case.
Thanks! Smile
Will look into it today after work. Smile

Cu Selur
Hi, any updates? Big Grin
Sorry, was to sleepy yesterday and forgot to write a post. Smile
I followed the steps, but I still can't reproduce the issue. Sad
For me the first copy job always looks okay, will send you a link to the current dev version I use to see if that problem also happens if you use that version.

Cu Selur