This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Interlace Store Method Changing Upon Conversion
Hi Selur,

Thanks for the information and for making the update.

You are correct that Vapoursynth R60RC1 appears to have fixed the "washed out" video output! Wonderful! It looks like FFV1 10bit direct to FFV1 8bit works OK now. This is a great update so thank you so much for spending the time to assist me!

One last thing... When converting from my FFV1 master file to any other format (including just passing through), it appears to be losing it's metadata even though I have no advanced metadata selections set in Hybrid, etc. When converting to FFV1 8-bit, however, everything seems to be preserved.

I've attached an image of the metadata of four files. ".mkv" is the source file (FFV1 interlaced 10-bit), "_new.mkv" is processed QTGMC/progressive ProRes, "_copy.mkv" is simply with video & audio "passthru" selected in the "Base">"Processing" section of Hybrid, and "_FFV1.mkv" is the output converted to FFV1 8-bit with no other processing.

This can be replicated simply by passing thru a video with metadata (like the video I have given you in my previous link to you which should still be good). Let me know if you need more info like a debug log file.

Is this a bug? I feel like at least the color range and compression attributes (i.e. "coder_type" field) should be written to the output file if possible...

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Unless you tell Hybrid sprecifically through "Config->MKV tagging" such container only vui data is ignored.
No this is not a bug. VUI data belongs inside the video stream not inside the container, especially HDR data.
Adding that data to the container is a workaround of mkv for formats which normally do not support such tagging.

Cu Selur
Got it! Makes sense. 

Big thanks once more!