This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] NVENC cropping error
I'm using Hybrid 2021.04.12.1

When I'm encoding the videos with NVEnc, some times happen that Hybrid add cropping information even if "Picture Crop" checkbox is unchecked.
To speed-up the encoding I check the box NVEnc->Hardware->Only use encoder, so that all the video stuff, including eventually the crop, are performed by NVEnc.

At the following link it is available a sample where is applied the wrong cropping.

https://file.re/2021/05/01/sample1080px264/

Also I attached the full debug output.

It seems that the problem happen if previously has been used the "Picture Crop" to crop some file, then if the file has a size of 1080x804 (like in the sample provided).
Hybrid add to the encoding program the following command "--crop 0,0,0,276 --vpp-resize default --output-res 1920x804", which is wrong.
It seems that Hybrid try to fill the gap with the 1080p resolution, but in this case has not been asked and it is wrong.

Unfortunately I was unable to find an exact sequence to reproduce this problem, it seems that is activated by some internal "state" of the program and after some encoding.

Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Wild guess atm. it that you loaded a 1920x1080 source before, which got cropped, then an your new source got loaded, but the crop values din't get reset properly.
-> I'll look into it, main problem is to figure out a way to reproduce it and see where the values didn't get reset properly.

Cu Selur
Okay, I can reproduce that if I:
1. load a 1920x1080 source, crop it
2. do not enable 'Crop/Resize->Misc->On Source Change->Auto Crop'
3. load a source with a lower resolution that the crop values get messed up.
-> when "Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Crop" is disabled on loading the source this does not happen.

When I disable "Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Crop" after loading the source Picture Crop values get reset to 0,0,0,00 for me.
-> no clue what click order causes this not to happen in your Capure4.PNG, would be helpful to know what you did.

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version via pm which hopefully fixes the issue.

Cu Selur
(01.05.2021, 16:52)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version via pm which hopefully fixes the issue.

Cu Selur

Hello Selur

Now it seems that the problem has been fixed

Thanks!
Happy that worked. Smile

Cu Selur