This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Vapoursynth not work
Hi
i have a trouble with vapoursynth 
everytime i try to use it , it gives me this error :

[Image: VAPOURSYNTH.png]
will send you a link to my dev version to see whether it happen with it too, if it does, reset your defaults.

Cu Selur
I have the same problem. Is there a solution?

I spoke too soon - resetting all settings to default did work Smile  Thank you Selur!

Resetting settings to default did remove this error, but now if I enable any vapoursynth scripts the encode fails:

-> 2021-03-16@13_03_58_9510_03_video crashed: ERROR: D:\Temp\2021-03-16@13_03_58_9510_03.265 was not created!
Aborting '2021-03-16@13_03_58_9510_03_video' due to: ERROR: D:\Temp\2021-03-16@13_03_58_9510_03.265 was not created!
Read the sticky ([INFO] Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..) and provide a proper debug output instead of some paste from a log which starts with:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information.
It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!

Cu Selur
(16.03.2021, 19:53)Selur Wrote: Read the sticky ([INFO] Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..) and provide a proper debug output instead of some paste from a log which starts with:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information.
It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!

Cu Selur

Apologies, I have sent you an email with the debug output  Smile
Sorry, to say this but the debug output is useless.
Create one where you use Vapoursynth and another one where you use Avisynth, not one where the processing is mixed.
Currently I can see that the processing of the Avisynth script aborts due to some problem with the script, but I instead of the Avisynth script the Vapoursynth script is only shown.

Also check if the Vapoursynth Preview works or whether it alreads shows an error.
My guess atm. is that the source filter has a problem with the input.

Cu Selur

Ps.: As a side note: I would recommend to either use some HDR to SDR conversion or also signal the HDR info in the output.
(17.03.2021, 20:30)Selur Wrote: Sorry, to say this but the debug output is useless.
Create one where you use Vapoursynth and another one where you use Avisynth, not one where the processing is mixed.
Currently I can see that the processing of the Avisynth script aborts due to some problem with the script, but I instead of the Avisynth script the Vapoursynth script is only shown.

Also check if the Vapoursynth Preview works or whether it alreads shows an error.
My guess atm. is that the source filter has a problem with the input.

Cu Selur

Ps.: As a side note: I would recommend to either use some HDR to SDR conversion or also signal the HDR info in the output.

Oops, sorry!  I've sent fresh logs by email.  Vapoursynth preview fails, so I've sent you the log from that too.  Avisynth preview also fails, so again I've sent the log.  Hopefully I've not messed them up this time :-)
Since the previews failed it's to be expected that the reencoding fails too.

Vapoursynth:
ReadMpls: failed to open D:/THE_RISE_OF_SKYWALKER/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls
Seems like there's a problem opening the source, my guess is that the preview doesn't even work when no filtering is used.

Avisynth:
KNLMeansCL: INT32 are not supported!
unsure why this is happening since the call:
KNLMeansCL(device_type="auto",stacked=true)
seems to be alright. (see: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/KNLMeansCL)
-> seems like the 'stacked' parameter isn't needed anymore.
I probably can fix that.

Sadly I can't reallsydo anything about the Vapoursynth issue, no clue whats causing the problem there.
Will look at it some more tomorrow after work.
Going to bed now.

Cu Selur
(17.03.2021, 22:54)Selur Wrote: Since the previews failed it's to be expected that the reencoding fails too.

Vapoursynth:
ReadMpls: failed to open D:/THE_RISE_OF_SKYWALKER/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls
Seems like there's a problem opening the source, my guess is that the preview doesn't even work when no filtering is used.

Avisynth:
KNLMeansCL: INT32 are not supported!
unsure why this is happening since the call:
KNLMeansCL(device_type="auto",stacked=true)
seems to be alright. (see: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/KNLMeansCL)
-> seems like the 'stacked' parameter isn't needed anymore.
I probably can fix that.

Sadly I can't reallsydo anything about the Vapoursynth issue, no clue whats causing the problem there.
Will look at it some more tomorrow after work.
Going to bed now.

Cu Selur

Thanks Selur.  

You're right that the preview doesn't work even when no filters are enabled.  The encode does work though.

From the error below, I wonder if this source uses a newer playlist format that vapoursynth doesn't yet support:

Vapoursynth preview error: mpls_parse.c:168: failed signature match, expected (MPLS0200) got (MPLS0300)

Ripbot264 seems to be able to start the encode with KNLMeansCL enabled (which I think is via avisynth?).  I'm not sure what that uses to parse the playlist.
Send you a link to a dev version which has a new option: "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Source->Do not use ReadMPLS".
When enabled Hybrid will manually load the m2ts files references by the mpls (basically do what ReadMPLS should do), but it should help finding out whether it's a bug in ReadMPLS or may be a problem with the content of the mpls file.
It also removed the 'stacked' parameter in Avisynth for KNLMeansCL.

1. Try whether that helps with the Vapoursynth Preview, if not create a new debug output of the Vapoursynth Preview.
2. Try whether that helps with the Avisynth Preview, if not create a new debug output of the Avisynth Preview.

Cu Selur