This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] "Yadif - custom" is broken
  • What Hybrid version did you use? Windows 2021.01.31.1

• What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say? Since at least 2020.10.10.1, "Yadif - custom" has been completely broken for the bob functionality. The GUI used to instantly display "Stream frame rate: 29.97" and "Output frame rate: 59.94" when using Mode 1, like it should (bob doubles the framerate). However, in recent versions, Hybrid does not double the framerate and it leads to visually broken files (e.g. encoding to 200%, unmatched fields in output, and 50% video speed). 

• What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
    1. Input interlaced video file (e.g. MPEG4 .ts file)
    2. Go to "Filtering" tab, then "(De-)Interlace/Telecine" tab, and select "Yadif - custom" as the Deinterlacer
    3. Select Mode 1 (double framerate bob)4. Instantly see the bug: Hybrid does not detect that it should double framerate in the bottom window ("Current Frame Rate / Count")

Attached is the debug log and a sample file.
I can reproduce the issue, I will fix it and report back.

Cu Selur
Send you a link (via PM) to a dev version which should fix the issue.

Cu Selur