This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] default temp path
Hi,

it seems that not all temporary files created in the default temp path are deleted before finishing the job, especially the <original_name>_<Id>.mkv files.
sometimes, they're not deleted, sometimes yes.

regards
They should only not be deleted in case something goes wrong, normally Hybrid is intended to delete the temp files,..
ah : so they're not deleted in the case there's a crash - only ?
Yes, that is the intention, in case some tools change there might be something left, but that would not be intended.
A job should also contain cleanup-subjobs for the cleaning.
In case something leaves stuff behind try to describe me how to reproduce the problem and I'll try to fix it.

Cu Selur
Hi,

example :
when i hit the 'chapter queue' to split a video in multiple videos according to chapters, then I have all the <original_name>_<Id>.mkv files in default temp path even if all jobs are 'finished' (& not crashed)

-> in my case today : 5 files
i can send you a capture of the explorer window if you want, or do you need smthg else ?

regards
Will look into it, probably something changed in mkvmerge,..
Hi,

I had a crash during some encoding at the step "03_video"   "constant quantizer encoding - 1 pass (NVEnc - MPEG-4 HEVC)".

and 2 files remain in the default temp path :
- iId_15_aid_0_<Id>.mp3
- <name>_<Id>.qp

regards
Yes, on a crash all current temp files will be kept, so that users can do with them what they want.
That is as intended.
Don't see what this has to do with the problem, I already wrote:
Quote:They should only not be deleted in case something goes wrong, normally Hybrid is intended to delete the temp files,..
and a crash is a case where Hybrid assumes something went wrong, so the files are kept.

Cu Selur
ok then

regards
fixed this (unwanted temp files left over during queue chapters for mkv sources) locally, so next dev version I send you should be fine, but I'll try to fix the splitting+asynch issue first.

Cu Selur