This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CRASH on H.265 job
I keep getting the following error message when tryin to encode a proRes file into H.265 using the Hybrid frontend 

I can't make sense out of it. Anyone any idea?

Importing HEVC: |====================| (100/100)                                                        HEVC Import results: 3354 samples (3510 NALUs) - Slices: 31 I 760 P 2563 B - 78 SEI - 26 IDR Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 3 frames  Error: Feature Not Supported

Many thanks
Burkhard
see: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=147
also searching for 'Feature Not Supported' should also have shown what's going on,..

Cu Selur
Thanks.

that fixed the crash, but now my converted mp4 does not contain any audio... Audio is definitely in the ProRes file that I am using for encode.

Thanks
No clue how you configured the audio handling, by default it's set to 'ignore',...
I am trying the whole time to figure out on which page the audio is being configured.  Maybe I'm going blind...

I dont want to ignore it but basically take the audio track form the ProRes file into the H265 encoding

Thanks for any hint...
"Base->Processing->Audio" can be set to 'passthrough (all)' to passthrough any audio from the souce, but be sure you have an audio format that is supported by MP4 otherwise Hybrid will report an error during job creation.
In case you need to reencode an audio stream to another format, set "Base->Processing->Audio" to 'custom', then go to the 'Audio'-Tab.
Enable "Audio->Base->Audio Encoding', configure the format, add the settings you want for that audio stream to the 'Audio - Queue' by pressing 'Audio->Base->Add current'.

Cu Selur
I am going blind....Many thanks for pointing out. 

This defaults to "ignore"!  Maybe "passthrough all" would be a better default option for Audio?

All works now!
Quote:Maybe "passthrough all" would be a better default option for Audio?
Maybe, then on the other hand maybe setting video also to ignore would also be a solution. Smile