This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crash using custom profile as default
Hello,
I noticed a problem that makes it impossible to open (crash).

These are the actual steps:
1. I create a profile and save it in Config-Profiles-Global profile
2. I reload it by clicking the "Apply global profile" arrow
3. Enable "Auto save defaults" OR (there is also a problem for) click the "Save selected" arrow for the ALL option in the bottom section "Defaults".
4. The next time you open the program crashes and Windows sends a report to Microsoft (normal behavior) and asks you to close it or debug it.

If I remove the profile files saved in AppData-Roaming the program can work again. Attached is the dump after the crash and the profiles created after the "Auto save defaults" option.
No clue what to do with the dump,...
Also this does not happen for me.

I tried this:
  • Start Hybrid
  • Reset the setting ('Config->Defaults->Reset->All' + 'Reset selected')
  • Start Hybrid
  • Create a global profile ('Config->Profiles->Global profile' 'Save global profile')
  • Apply the just saved global profile ('Config->Profiles->Global profile->Apply global profile')
  • Enable 'Config->Profiles->Auto save defaults'
  • Close Hybrid
  • Start Hybrid

then I deleted everything in my settings folder and put your files in it and tried to start Hybrid an it crashed. Smile
So, no clue how to make it happen, but I can reproduce the issue with your saved settings.
So starting up a debug build of Hybrid in a debug environment showed that Hybrid tried to access some icon images before they were loaded.
-> I'll send you a link to dev version which should fix the issue in ~1/2 hour.

Cu Selur