This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DVD folder is not properly transcoded
Need a debug output.
Will look into it after work.
Dang, forgot to enable debug. Will have to run it again, I guess.  Huh

Is it OK if I use faster settings on x265 than I usually use? Since the objective here is to debug something in Hybrid? Lowering Motion estimation method, Reference frames, B-frames etc, to speed up the encode?
Here is the debug output. As before,

1) No Audio.
2) Only encodes the first three Vob files, out of seven.
Indexing call looks fine to me:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "D:\VIDEO_TS\16_10_42_0370.d2v" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_6.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_7.VOB"
Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import ctypes
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/OpenCL.dll")
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/FFT3DFilter/vsfft3dfilter.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/KNLMeansCL/KNLMeansCL.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/vsznedi3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/temporalsoften.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/d2vSource/libd2vsource.dll")
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading D:\VIDEO_TS using D2VSource
clip = core.d2v.Source(input="D:/VIDEO_TS/16_10_42_0370.d2v", rff=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Making sure input color range is set to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=True, opencl=False)
clip = clip[::2]
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P8 to YUV420P10 for x265Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P10)
# Output
clip.set_output()
looks fine.
Video Encoding calls:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "D:\VIDEO_TS\encodingTempSynthSkript_16_10_42_0370.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x265.exe" --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --min-cu-size 16 --ctu 32 --qg-size 16 --limit-tu 4 --max-tu-size 16 --merange 32 --limit-modes --early-skip --tskip --tskip-fast --no-open-gop --radl 2 --bframes 2 --b-adapt 1 --no-b-pyramid --ref 2 --rc-lookahead 60 --pass 1 --bitrate 1500 --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --rd 1 --fast-intra --psy-rd 1.20 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 2.00 --aq-mode 2 --no-cutree --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt709 --stats "D:\VIDEO_TS\DVD_16_10_42_0370_03.stats" --multi-pass-opt-analysis --multi-pass-opt-distortion --analysis-reuse-file "D:\VIDEO_TS\DVD_16_10_42_0370_03.analysis" --output "D:\VIDEO_TS\DVD.265"
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "D:\VIDEO_TS\encodingTempSynthSkript_16_10_42_0370.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x265.exe" --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --min-cu-size 16 --ctu 32 --qg-size 16 --limit-tu 4 --max-tu-size 16 --merange 32 --limit-modes --early-skip --tskip --tskip-fast --no-open-gop --radl 2 --bframes 2 --b-adapt 1 --no-b-pyramid --ref 2 --rc-lookahead 60 --pass 2 --bitrate 1500 --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --rd 1 --fast-intra --psy-rd 1.20 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 2.00 --aq-mode 2 --no-cutree --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt709 --stats "D:\VIDEO_TS\DVD_16_10_42_0370_03.stats" --multi-pass-opt-analysis --multi-pass-opt-distortion --analysis-reuse-file "D:\VIDEO_TS\DVD_16_10_42_0370_03.analysis" --output "D:\VIDEO_TS\16_10_42_0370_05.265"
look fine.
Subtitle extraction call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\mencoder.exe" -dvd-device "D:\VIDEO_TS" dvd://8  -mc 0 -nosound -ovc frameno -sid 0 -vobsuboutindex 0 -vobsubout "D:\VIDEO_TS\TITLE_8_0_lang_en" -o nul
looks fine too.

Muxing calls:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\MP4Box.exe" -par 1=16:15 -add "D:\VIDEO_TS\16_10_~1.265"#video:fps=25 -brand hvc1 -add "D:\VIDEO_TS\TITLE_~1.IDX":lang="en" -itags tool="Hybrid 2018.02.20.1" -tmp "D:\VIDEO_TS" -new "D:\VIDEO_TS\16_10_42_0370__09.mp4"
look fine.

->
Can't reproduce this here so far.
Please create a debug output level 9 of:
a. the analysis of the source
b. the job creation

Cu Selur
Hi,

How do I do those two separately? Change debug level to 9, and then? How do I create debugs for analysis of file and job creation, if those are two separate things you need?
Start Hybrid, set output, enable debug output level 9, load source, rename debug output file.
Do your configuration, add your settings to the job queue, rename the debug output file.
Compress both files and share them with me.

Cu Selur
I used the latest dev version you PMed me, and this time there was no trouble with the audio. The video transcoding, however, stopped after the first three Vobs, as before. Here are the two logs.
Thanks! Will look into it.
But only 115855 or 38965 frame were encoded, but the calls look fine to me. My guess is for some reason d2vwitch does not index all the files properly. Sad
->
Does the Vapoursynth Preview also only show the content of the first three vobs?
When calling:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "D:\VIDEO_TS\15_33_29_6370.d2v" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_6.VOB" "D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_7.VOB"
inside a Windows Command Prompt does it output anything? Any errors?

Cu Selur
Ps.: In case this is a limitation of d2vwitch in regard to your source your best bet is probably to remux to mkv using MakeMKV or similar before converting with Hybrid.
Thanks, I did that and it worked. Used MakeMkv first and then used Hybrid.