This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SVT-AV1 Unexpected Behaviour
I tried to copy the command line from Hybrid to other software : 

--input-depth 10 --profile 0 --tile-rows 0 --tile-columns 0 --rc 0 --qp 20 --aq-mode 0 --preset 7 --irefresh-type 1 --tune 0 --scm 0

The only differences are :  
--width 1920 --height 1080 --fps-num 24 --fps-denom 1  --use-q-file 1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE

Input file is 236 Mo

Output from NEAV1E is 62 MB
Output from Hybrid is 1.36 GB

SvtAv1encApp version was different, so I copied the one from hybrid to NEAV1E folder -> result remains the same (about 100 KB more with newer version).

I can link you the original video if you want.
Something seems to be wrong with your source.
Frame rate mode                          : VFR
Frame rate mode                          : Variable
Frame rate                               : 2352.565
Frame rate                               : 2 352.565 FPS
Original frame rate                      : 24.000
Original frame rate                      : 24.000 FPS
You might want to enable 'Config->Interntals->Prefer Original->Frame rate' before importing your source.

Actual encoding call used by Hybrid:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -i "F:\temp\test.mkv" -map 0:0 -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -f yuv4mpegpipe - |  "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\SvtAv1EncApp.exe" --input stdin --width 1920 --height 1080 --fps-num 24 --fps-denom 1 --input-depth 10 --profile 0 --tile-rows 0 --tile-columns 0 --rc 0 --qp 20 --aq-mode 0 --preset 7 --irefresh-type 1 --tune 0 --scm 0 --use-q-file 1 --qpfile "C:\Users\man\AppData\Local\Temp\test-av1_2023-03-05@10_58_26_9010_01.qp" --output "C:\Users\man\AppData\Local\Temp\2023-03-05@10_58_26_9010_02.av1"
-> try resetting your defaults 'SVT-AV1->Misc->Create qp file for chapters' is disabled since '2023-01-18' (which is why it should not be added, but on your settings it seems to be still enabled).

Cu Selur
I modified original framerate (I usually have this issue with cut out videos) but no change.

"Create qp files for chapters" settings was greyed out in my Hybrid version, so I reset all models in config and it works  Smile

The "Create qp files for chapters" is now unchecked and the output has a normal size, about 50 MB for my input.

Thanks Selur!