This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crashing on fresh install Ubuntu
Have never had a prob. installing on ubuntu linux before.
Tried multiple times.
When run in a window i get /.hybrid-bin/Hybrid-521: not found

The latest version I have in storage is from very early 2017

Thanks =)
No clue, might be due to the fact that the current versions is a subversions (.2) and djcjs script has problems grabbing the file,..

Cu Selur
(29.01.2018, 06:16)Selur Wrote: No clue, might be due to the fact that the current versions is a subversions (.2) and djcjs script has problems grabbing the file,..

Cu Selur

Is there anywhere I can grab the file itself and just throw it in the proper folder?
Sure, the file is on the download page, downloading, renaming it and and saving it to the right folder should work.
btw. I will probably will release a new release at the end of this week. Smile
I'll see if I can fix it.
(31.01.2018, 18:13)djcj Wrote: I'll see if I can fix it.

Tried installing today.
When I run hybrid.
"/home/jack/.hybrid-bin/DivX265" -h' didn't get started after 5 seconds -> aborting,...
Restarting Hybrid might solve the problem,...
The cause might also be some incompatibility with the tool and your system.

is there a work around?
Thanks man.
I really appreciate all the work you put in for people all around the world.
=)
Did you try it a second time like suggested?
What happens if you call
"/home/jack/.hybrid-bin/DivX265" -h
inside a terminal?

Cu Selur
Yeah gave it a whirl.
Its a no go on ubuntu for me.
Mint is another story.
It works!!
had to install fdkaac from separate source.

tsmuxer, doesn't want to load on startup.
how needed is this? it's mainly for dvd,bluray de/encodes?
tsMuxeR is used for handling (analyzing, extracting, muxing) TransportStreams, but Hybrid should be able to work fine without it.

Cu Selur

Ps.: DivX265 works fine on my old Ubuntu 14.04 VM,.. Does is throw an error when called from the command line? I mean what happens?
If you want non-free tools you need to reinstall hybrid-tools with the suggested packages: sudo apt install --reinstall --install-suggested hybrid-tools
Then after reinstallation run hybrid-get-nonfree-tools to download and compile the non-free tools.