This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encoder GUI tag incorrect
Question 
Greetings

Few weeks ago I was going through Hybrid options changing stuff on and off and now after encoding any video file "enoder gui" tag shows some garbage that was entered by me.
I don't remember exactly how I've did it but can't find any switch for this tag to have correct value (Hybrid 2017....) in config -> output -> mkv tags. Hot to fix this?

Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
a. checked the source code and by itself Hybrid doesn't set any 'encoder gui' setting.
b. the settings under 'Config->Output->Mkv Tags' should be cleared whenever the source changes.
You can also see the setting if you open the GlobalDataModelDefaults.xml inside your setting folder. (see: 'Config->Path->Infos->Settings path' for it's location)
c. Are you loading any global profile which might include those settings?
d. Are you using a misc.ini file? In case you do delete it.
Also try if it helps to replace the mkvtoolnix related binaries inside your Hybrid install folder with the latest versions.

Cu Selur
I've deleted misc.ini from configuration folder and problem is fixed.

Quote:a. checked the source code and by itself Hybrid doesn't set any 'encoder gui' setting.

<Tags>
<Tag>
<Simple>
<Name>Encoding Gui</Name>
<String>Hybrid 2017.05.06.1</String>
</Simple>
</Tag>
</Tags>

This is content in the xml temporary file created during the encoding process. If the source code doesn't include this tag via this xml file what does ?
Quote:This is content in the xml temporary file created during the encoding process. If the source code doesn't include this tag via this xml file what does ?
'Encoding Gui' vs. 'encoder gui' Big Grin
I don't know how I haven't thought of that before, it's so obvious! Shy
Any way as always thx for help.