This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encoding crashes when "Analysis refinement" and "QP refinement" are selected for x265
Hi,

As the title states. I believe this issue has been encountered before, so I am not including the log files as of now. (Shall provide if deemed necessary.) Any video conversion crashes before starting, with the message "video crashed" if those two options are ticked.

Hybrid version: 2017.12.27.0 (Windows 10 x64)
x265 version: 2.6.0.24

Another minor issue: The option "Delete subtitle after muxing" does not seem to work. There doesn't seem to be an "apply" button to save that setting, in the subtitles section.
Send you a link to a Dev version for testing.

Will look into the subtitle option after work.

Cu Selur
The test version worked, I was able to use both the options.

Couple of bugs on the test version:

1) It kept throwing up this error: "Couldn't find filters for category: Desharpen" a few times before the encoding began.

2) The encoding crashed with an error message of not being to set the absolute path (can't remember exactly what it was). But starting Hybrid as administrator solved that issue.
DeSharpen,.. did you uninstall Hybrid with all settings before installing the dev version? Since I thought I fixed that a few days ago.

Also: Never run Hybrid with Administrator rights.
(11.01.2018, 12:00)Selur Wrote: DeSharpen,.. did you uninstall Hybrid with all settings before installing the dev version? Since I thought I fixed that a few days ago.

Also: Never run Hybrid with Administrator rights.

Actually, no - I made sure to retain the settings when I uninstalled, since I thought it would be easier if my encoding settings were not erased. But I did not have this issue with the non-testing version.
The dev version and the next release, use a different installer an different file locations.
Big Grin
So you could copy the profiles, but defaults and general settings should be deleted.
I'm posting here because I don't know if it is related only to this testing version, or if it applies to the main release.

The temp file created during encoding is growing too big, and I'm running out of hard disk space, and the encoding crashes due to that. From what I remember, the temp file usually grows only as big as the input file. But now, a 4 GB input file is causing the temp file to grow to about 21 GB by the time the encoding reaches around 45 percent. I'm using 2 pass encode for x265.

This is a bug, right?

Here are the encode settings:

x265 --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --ctu 32 --qg-size 8 --me star --subme 4 --merange 40 --limit-modes --early-skip --no-open-gop --radl 2 --weightb --ref 4 --rc-lookahead 40 --pass 1 --bitrate 1500 --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --fast-intra --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --splitrd-skip --aq-mode 2 --no-cutree --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt470bg --stats "PATH TO THE .stats FILE" --multi-pass-opt-rps --output OUTPUTFILE

x265 --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --ctu 32 --qg-size 8 --me star --subme 4 --merange 40 --limit-modes --early-skip --no-open-gop --radl 2 --weightb --ref 4 --rc-lookahead 40 --pass 2 --bitrate 1500 --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --fast-intra --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --splitrd-skip --aq-mode 2 --no-cutree --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt470bg --stats "PATH TO THE .stats FILE" --multi-pass-opt-rps --output OUTPUTFILE
Don't think that the temp file is limited to the inputs size,.. iirc I saw it grow larger than that. Don't think this ist a bug in Hybrid.

Cu Selur