This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First steps with Hybrid
(05.02.2021, 18:17)Selur Wrote: You probably messed with Windows UAC.
Quote:Can anyone help me solve it.?
Sure, create a misc.ini file inside the Hybrid folder with the following content:
[General]
runAsAdmin=true
see: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=10
has been answered a few times, should be searchable using the forum search.Thank you very much for the answer, it worked perfectly.

I appreciate your time and effort, and of course also for your tool.

Cu Selur
Dear Selur. I like the software you made very much. Recently I heard that the coding of avs3 has been open source. Can you add this coding to the software? https://github.com/uavs3/uavs3e
@afen261: I probably could, but I won't do since:
  • I would need some binaries which I could include in Hybrid and test it.
  • The encoder at least atm. doesn't support pipe input and I'm not supporting something that would require humongous temporal YUV files.
  • I don't know of any decoder I could use in Avisynth and Vapoursynth, which would harshly limit the options for re-encoding.

What I found was https://github.com/xatabhk/FFmpeg-avs2-avs3 which is an ffmpeg version which supports avs2 and avs3 encoding.
It also includes links to modified VLC and MPC-HC versions which support avs3.
So I could add support for it through that ffmpeg version, problem is:
- There does not seem to be any documentation about what parameters the encoder support for avs3. :/
- Project does seem to be abandoned, since it didn't get an update for 7 months, the uavs3e project got updates 2 months ago.
So that isn't really an option either.

After further investigation MBAS (https://github.com/m-ab-s/media-autobuild_suite) allows to build ffmpeg with libuavs3d which should support avs3 decoding.
So at least decoding with ffmpeg might work.
Sadly the the uavs3e doesn't look like more than an academic example atm. especially that you have to create some config file (without documentation) and that it doesn't support pipe input is a 'deal breaker'.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur, I have found a problem with dynamic metadata.

I want to encode a video with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, but Hybrid does it with only one of them.

I have done the following tests:
- I load the .json file (HDR10+ metadata): I get a video with HDR10+
- I load the .bin file (DV RPU): I get a video with DV
- I load both files (.json and .bin): I get a video only with DV

That is, when loading the RPU in Hybrid the json is ignored.

Could you implement that Hybrid does both at the same time?

Thanks and regards!   Wink
Thought the were mutual exclusive. Smile
Will look at it this evening.
For the time being you can add a "Custom command line addition" (x265->Misc->Custom command line addition") to add both to the command line.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Note that Hybrid will not cut the json or .bin data, so if you limit the output files it's up to you to find a way to adjust those files.
Hello Mr. Selur when entering the data by x265-> Misc-> Custom command line addition ") works perfectly and you can enter the HDR10 + as the Dolby Vision.

Thanks a lot  
Big Grin
Hello Mr. Selur, the development program that you send me works perfectly, now you can load HDR10 + and Dolby Vision at the same time.
Thank you  Big Grin

Vídeo
ID                                       : 1
Formato                                  : HEVC
Formato/Info                             : High Efficiency Video Coding
Formato del perfil                       : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format                               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.03, BL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
ID códec                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duración                                 : 58 s 392 ms
Tasa de bits                             : 17,4 Mb/s

Wink Wink
Hello Mr. Selur, good morning, I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to add to the Hybrid program the option of putting two decimal places in ipratio 1.3 --pbratio 1.2 for example ipratio 1.36 --pbratio 1.25.

Thank you  Smile

[Image: 9PjBxELm_t.png]
send you a link to a dev version for testing via pm,..

Cu Selur
Thank you sir Selur it works perfectly you are great
Grateful  Big Grin