This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

GetTools Version Issue on First run
Hi Everyone!

Installed hybrid (Hybrid_2018.02.18.1_SETUP) on a new win machine but when tried to run it, I got this instead:

[Image: error.jpg]

and was asking be to download and install .NET Framework 3.5.

Anything I am doing wrong?

thanks!
G
You got three choices:
a. install the .Net Framework
b. delete flaccl
c. add flaccl to the ignored tools using a misc.ini file

Cu Selur
(09.03.2018, 22:31)Selur Wrote: You got three choices:
a. install the .Net Framework
b. delete flaccl
c. add flaccl to the ignored tools using a misc.ini file

Cu Selur

Thanks Selur!

Cannot install the .Net Framework ("The service cannot be started, either because it's disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it").
How do I delete flaccl?

thanks!
You go to the folder where you installed Hybrid look into the 32bit folder and delete the 'CUETools.FLACCL.cmd' file.
(09.03.2018, 23:02)Selur Wrote: You go to the folder where you installed Hybrid look into the 32bit folder and delete the 'CUETools.FLACCL.cmd' file.

Thanks! I did that but starting up Hybrid But now I am getting an error when I open a file:

FFmpeg->analyserCall: ffmpeg does not exist at 
C:\Program Files\Hybrid\ffmpeg.exe!

I check and indeed the installer placed ffmpeg.exe in the C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit folder

Should I wait for an update from you or should I move ffmpeg to where Hybrid is looking for?

Thanks!
You did not read the changelog before installing a newer version. When Hybrid changed to a new installer you had to uninstall Hybrid completely with all it's settings. You didn't do this, so now Hybrids configs don't match to the files.
-> uninstall hybrid completely with all it's settings install it new and the paths match the config

Cu Selur
(12.03.2018, 17:06)Selur Wrote: You did not read the changelog before installing a newer version. When Hybrid changed to a new installer you had to uninstall Hybrid completely with all it's settings. You didn't do this, so now Hybrids configs don't match to the files.
-> uninstall hybrid completely with all it's settings install it new and the paths match the config

Cu Selur

Thanks Selur - It was a fresh new install on a new machine, where I never installed hybrid before. :-(
this is the folder structure i have on a fresh install:

[Image: hybrid.jpg]

gabi
Then Hybrid shouldn't look for under Hybrid directly for any tool.
Did you use any old settings, profiles or similar?

Current installer keeps all 32bit stuff inside the 32bit folder and all 64bit stuff inside the 64bit folder.

Cu Selur
I have a similar problem but with NVEnc. The message is basically the same as in the first post but with NVEnc. The thing is, I installed Win 10 Pro 64 on this machine maybe 2 weeks ago and haven't installed Hybrid on this new installation since today (version Hybrid 2018.02.18.1).

The "NVEncC.exe" is also in the right directory in which Hybrid is searching it during startup (.\64bit\NVEncC.exe).
If I move the NVEncC.exe to another directory in which Hybrid doesn't search for it, the program will start like normal but any 2-pass X264 encoding will fail instantly (GPU decoding is turned off obviously as I don't ever use it anyway). When I press the "add a job to the Queue+start button" and Hybrid tries to encode it, the job fails with "CRASHED" or something like that.
I run Hybrid as admin.

Edit: I checked the "Win 10 featrues list" and NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7 Advanced are both marked so I guess those are both available/active. I didn't get any notification about needing to install NET Framework anyway but just wanted to be sure that this wasn't the issue. I already tried to completely deinstall the nVIDIA driver and reinstall the newest one but that didn't help.
Moving NVEncC has nothing to do with x264 encoding.
What you describe sounds like a decoding problem or a problem where the binaries can't be found.
-> without a debug output I can't really tell.

Cu Selur