This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] A few questions/problem
Hi All. 

This is my first post on this forum. First, I want to thank for the Hybrid. Great and very useful software! During my work with Hybirid I encountered a few small problems. 

I use version 2017.12.27.1

I use Hybrid mainly to convert DV files from my old video camcorder to 264 (mp4) format. All problems below will be related to that conversion

1. From time to time Hybrid crashes when opening it. It doesn't bother me too much as most of the time everything is fine when I open it again. It has never crashed when it was running which is great. Only when opening. 

2. [Solved, see below] This is the problems which is annoying me a bit. After conversion to  x264 I can not open video files in Adobe Premiere Elements 13. I get error message (in Premiere) "The Importer reported a generic error" That's all. I've never got that message before when working with other 264 (mp4) files in Premiere. On the other hand I don't have any problem with opening those file using some video players in Windows. I can even watch them on my TV. 

3. When converting files from DV to 264 I need to do a little bit of resizing (crop/resize tab) in order to covert to 1:1 PAR. I use "Auto adjust width" function and height is set to 576. It works very well for single files and even for batch conversion but only if input videos have the same aspect ratio (PAR). However if I do batch conversion with video input (DV files) with different PAR (standard 4:3 and anamorphic format) then the resolution of output videos is wrong. It looks like the Hybrid is not recognising the PAR of the input video and the output width is wrong.  

4. This one in not related to DV conversion. It is about DVD to mp4 (264) conversion. When importing I tick 'DVD input' and then select DVD disk. Video on DVD is around 1h long and all audio in converted OK but there is only around 18min of video in the output file.  There are a few *.vob files on DVD and it seems that only first one is converted.  

Hybrid is really good program and thank for working on it
Tom

Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
re: 2

I randomly changed various setting and now importing video files to Premiere Elements works :-) 

I ticked  FFmpeg instead of MP4Box in Config->Output->Container Settings
Happy you found a solution on your own for one of your problems. Smile
For completeness, aside from 'Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->FFmpeg instead of MP4Box' typical options that you could also try are:
  • (en-/disable) 'Config->Output->Container Settings->Singaling PAR 1:1'
  • (en-/disable) 'Config->Output->Container Settings->AVC-1 brand'
  • change 'Config->Output->Container Settings->HEVC brand'
  • (en-/disable) 'Config->Output->Container Settings->XPS' (this one will only be available starting with the next release)

Quote:From time to time Hybrid crashes when opening it. It doesn't bother me too much as most of the time everything is fine when I open it again. It has never crashed when it was running which is great. Only when opening.
Might be helpful if you could create a debug output level 9 of the loading of the source when it causes Hybrid to crash. + A small sample of a source which causes Hybrid to crash during opening of the source would also be good. Fixing random crashes is hard since I normally need to reproduce such issues here to trace them and come up with a fix.

Quote:3. When converting files from DV to 264 I need to do a little bit of resizing (crop/resize tab) in order to covert to 1:1 PAR. I use "Auto adjust width" function and height is set to 576. It works very well for single files and even for batch conversion but only if input videos have the same aspect ratio (PAR). However if I do batch conversion with video input (DV files) with different PAR (standard 4:3 and anamorphic format) then the resolution of output videos is wrong. It looks like the Hybrid is not recognising the PAR of the input video and the output width is wrong.
You can see the what PAR Hybrid detects and assuming it detects the right input par you can tell it to resize to 1:1 PAR.
See settings under 'Crop/Resize->Pixel Aspect ration (PAR)'.
If Hybrid detects the input par wrong it would be nice to get a small sample of such a source to see why this happens and whether I can come up with a fix.

Quote:4. This one in not related to DV conversion. It is about DVD to mp4 (264) conversion. When importing I tick 'DVD input' and then select DVD disk. Video on DVD is around 1h long and all audio in converted OK but there is only around 18min of video in the output file. There are a view *.vob files on DVD and it seems that only first one is converted.
Got an idea, but no real clue since you didn't share much information.
My guess is that it might be that the wrong title is selected or some copy protection of the source is interfering.

Cu Selur
Thank you very much for a quick and detailed reply

Quote:For completeness, aside from 'Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings->FFmpeg instead of MP4Box' typical options that you could also try are:

Thanks for that advice!

Quote:Might be helpful if you could create a debug output level 9 of the loading of the source when it causes Hybrid to crash

I should have been more precise. Hybrid crashes when I start the program, not when I open video file in it. I simply click on Hybrid icon on windows desktop and then Hybrid is starting to import its components and at some point it crashes. Then I start it again and most of the time it is OK. Sometimes it crashes twice in row. 

Quote:You can see the what PAR Hybrid detects and assuming it detects the right input par you can tell it to resize to 1:1 PAR.

When I work with single files, both standard and anamorphic, Hybrid detects PAR correctly and resize to 1:1 PAR without any problem. It works very well. 
The problem occurs only when I  import multiple files (batch conversion) and they are mixed. Some of them are standard and some anamorphic. 

Just an example
I import 2 DV video files at the same time (batch conversion):
1. Input resolution: 720:576 Input PAR: 1,067  Expected output resolution: 768x576  
2. Input resolution: 720:576 Input PAR: 1,422  Expected output resolution: 1024x576  

After conversion resolution of the file 1 is 1024x576  and resolution of file 2 is 768x576. Opposite to what was expected. To me it looks like, that for a current video file Hybrid is using input PAR from the previous video, which conversion has just finished. 

Again, when I convert exactly these 2 files separately, the output resolution of each of them is OK.  I tried to change Crop/Resize->Misc->Keep resize for new source but it didn't help

Beside, I found the only case when Hybrid crashes when using it. It always crashes when I try to tick Crop/Resize->Misc->Only auto adjust resize if....-> Width is or Height.

Quote:Got an idea, but no real clue since you didn't share much information.
My guess is that it might be that the wrong title is selected or some copy protection of the source is interfering.

I think that this is not related to copy protection as I created that DVD myself a few years ago. I don't select any title. I just select VIDEO_TS folder in "DVD Input" mode. At that point everything is fine and Hybrid starts conversions without any problem. It simply finished too early, after converting only first *.VOB file. There are 5 VOB files on that DVD. First one is VTS_01_0.VOB which is DVD menu and Hybrid ignores it which is very good. My main video files are:
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
I know that since I can watch those files using VLC

After conversion the output file contains all audio and only first (VTS_01_1.VOB) video file. What is interesting, when Hybrid is doing conversion it correctly estimates output file size and conversion time. It finished conversion at round 30% without any error message. When conversion is finished the output file is much smaller and conversion is finished much sooner then expected as other *.Vob files are not converted. 

Thanks for help. 
Tom
Quote:Hybrid crashes when I start the program, not when I open video file in it.
What OS are you using? If you are on Windows what anti virus firewall do you use?
Please deinstall your old install completely and install the new version (just released it), hopefully that helps.

Quote:1. Input resolution: 720:576 Input PAR: 1,067 Expected output resolution: 768x576
2. Input resolution: 720:576 Input PAR: 1,422 Expected output resolution: 1024x576
That is only correct if:
  • Hybrid detects the source resolution properly
  • you set:
    • 'Crop/Resize->Base->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Output PAR->Convert output to PAR' to 'Square Pixel (1:1)' and
    • set 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Auto adjust' to 'width' instead of the default 'height'

Quote:It always crashes when I try to tick Crop/Resize->Misc->Only auto adjust resize if....-> Width is or Height.
Please create a debug output level 9 of this (enabled debug outout before loading source).

Quote:It simply finished too early, after converting only first *.VOB file.
Please create two debug output level 9 files. One of the source analysis, another one of the job creation.

Cu Selur
Quote:What OS are you using? If you are on Windows what anti virus firewall do you use?

Windows10 Home. I use only standard windows virus and firewall.  

Quote:Please deinstall your old install completely and install the new version (just released it), hopefully that helps.

I did it and still have crashes. It could be specific to my configuration. 
First I uninstalled program but left configuration files (uninstaller asked me if I want to keep those files) and then run programs several times with no crash. But I got error message when importing video files. Hybrid couldn't locate ffmpeg.exe I realised the folder structure changed a bit and then completely uninstalled Hybrid together with config and profiles files and installed it again. Now Hybrid works well but sometimes it crashed when starting.   As I said before it is not a big problem for me as it never crashes during conversion of video files which is by far more important to me. 

Quote:That is only correct if:
  • Hybrid detects the source resolution properly
  • you set:
    • 'Crop/Resize->Base->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Output PAR->Convert output to PAR' to 'Square Pixel (1:1)' and
    • set 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Auto adjust' to 'width' instead of the default 'height'

Yes, and I use exactly these settings. As I wrote before these settings works very well if I convert single files or if the input files in batch conversion have all the same input PAR. 
When input files have different PAR then there is a problem with output resolution. 

Quote:Please create a debug output level 9 of this (enabled debug outout before loading source).
[attachment=185]

Quote:Please create two debug output level 9 files. One of the source analysis, another one of the job creation
[attachment=187]
[attachment=186]
Thanks will look into it later. Smile