This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Bob deinterlace / sRestore problem
I've been experimenting with various de-noise / de-grain filters on some very old VHS tape captures, old 1980s shot on video material.

When converting and upscaling from 25fps to 23.976fps I'm doing a QTGMC bob de-interlace with sRestore to 23.976. Most of the footage is fine, but in some scenes the picture seems to very slightly shift (or bob) back and forward, from side to side. I'm guessing this is caused by the Bob de-interlacing?

The captures are direct from VHS to DV, 25fps, bottom field first. Hybrid is correctly detecting these settings on import. Is there a way to fix the sideways shifting?
Quote: I'm guessing this is caused by the Bob de-interlacing?
Stepping back and forth usually is the effect of using the wrong field order while bobbing.
So if your content isn't properly flagged overwrite the scan type to reflect the right field order.
If your changes the field orders in some places Hybrid has no way to detect this automatically and adjust to it.
One would have to write a custom script for the clip.
Split it in parts and assign each part a different field order to deal with this properly.

Cu Selur