This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Duplicate left channel audio to right channel?
I captured many 8mm tapes to my PC a while back and they're stereo, but the audio is all on the left channel and the right channel is silent. I want to duplicate the audio on the left channel, to the right channel as well.

I'm planning to run all the captures through Hybrid to deinterlace and bob them to get smooth 60fps out. That part is going well, but I would love to be able to also fix the audio issue in the same go so I don't have to encode/render them all again in another program to fix it. I tried playing around with the audio settings and searching online for a solution but haven't found anything. What do I need to do to accomplish this? I'm a noob to Hybrid. Thanks!
Should be possible to do with Audio->Base->Filtering->Downmix->custom + "1v1 1v1"
or something similar, not totally sure, haven't down a custom mix for a while.
Check the https://sox.sourceforge.net/sox.html under 'remix' to see whether the custom part is correct.

Cu Selur
Thanks for the response, that did it Smile ! On a side note, does the preview function not apply the audio settings? No matter what I did, when I hit the preview button the preview it showed me had the exact same audio as the original, even when I removed all audio input tracks from the box on the right side on the Audio > Base tab.
Yes, the preview does not react to any audio settings aside from changing the audio track.
Hybrid has no option to preview audio effects.

Cu Selur
Thanks for clarifying and for the assistance! Have a good weekend.