This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Error adding subtitle with speed change
Hello,

I've run into an issue when Hybrid is up to muxing the subtitle part of the job. I get an error "The demultiplexer for the file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Dexter - S03E01 - Our Father_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx' failed to initialize: VobSub: Could not open the sub file" and then the job fails. Debug log attached. 

The subtitle was extracted from the original source. There is no issue when using the preview option showing subtitles.

I'm converting a 25FPS PAL source to 23.976FPS and so have selected the change speed options in video, audio and subtitle sections.

Hybrid version  is Windows 2018.11.11.1.

Any ideas?
Sounds like the subtitles are not there, broken or there is a rights problem.
Sadly you did forget to attach a debug output like you wrote.
Wild guess: Might either be a problem during the extraction of the subtitles in the beginning or something might be preventing Hybrid from opening the subtitles.

Cu Selur
(24.11.2018, 07:38)Selur Wrote: Sounds like the subtitles are not there, broken or there is a rights problem.
Sadly you did forget to attach a debug output like you wrote.
Wild guess: Might either be a problem during the extraction of the subtitles in the beginning or something might be preventing Hybrid from opening the subtitles.

Cu Selur

Apologies for that, debug attached this time.

I've played around some more with a few other source files since my original post and had the same result. If i leave out the subtitles the job finishes sucessfully.
Ahhh,... I think I get it, subtitles get extracted using:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\mkvextract.exe" tracks "D:\Uncompressed Rips\Scrubs\Season 4\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office.mkv" 2:"D:\Compressed Rips\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default.idx"
During the stretching (16_50_41_4510_05) they get changed to:
D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx
and the muxing call uses:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en -o "D:\Compressed Rips\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_new.mkv" --global-tags "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_new_16_50_41_4510__10.xml" -d 0 --default-track 0:yes --language 0:en --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps --aspect-ratio-factor 0:16/15 --fourcc 0:MP4V --chapter-charset UTF-8 --chapters "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\16_50_41_4510__11.chp" --compression -1:none --forced-track 0:yes --no-audio --no-subtitles "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\16_50_41_4510_07.264" --track-name 0:"Stereo" --language 0:en --default-track 0:yes --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_16_50_41_4510_02.ac3" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:no --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --language 0:en --sub-charset 0:UTF-8 "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx"
Calls look fine so far, can you share 'Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx' and 'Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default.idx' with me, my current guess is something went wrong with the stretching,..
(24.11.2018, 08:46)Selur Wrote: Ahhh,... I think I get it, subtitles get extracted using:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\mkvextract.exe" tracks "D:\Uncompressed Rips\Scrubs\Season 4\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office.mkv" 2:"D:\Compressed Rips\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default.idx"
During the stretching (16_50_41_4510_05) they get changed to:
D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx
and the muxing call uses:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en -o "D:\Compressed Rips\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_new.mkv" --global-tags "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_new_16_50_41_4510__10.xml" -d 0 --default-track 0:yes --language 0:en --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps --aspect-ratio-factor 0:16/15 --fourcc 0:MP4V --chapter-charset UTF-8 --chapters "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\16_50_41_4510__11.chp" --compression -1:none --forced-track 0:yes --no-audio --no-subtitles "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\16_50_41_4510_07.264" --track-name 0:"Stereo" --language 0:en --default-track 0:yes --forced-track 0:no -a 0 --compression -1:none --no-video --no-subtitles --no-chapters "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_16_50_41_4510_02.ac3" --forced-track 0:no --default-track 0:no --compression -1:none --no-video --no-audio --no-chapters --language 0:en --sub-charset 0:UTF-8 "D:\Compressed Rips\Temp\Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx"
Calls look fine so far, can you share 'Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default_stretched.idx' and 'Scrubs - S04E02 - My Office_id_2_lang_en_default.idx' with me, my current guess is something went wrong with the stretching,..

Sure no problem. I had cleared my temp folder while I was playing around so I ran the job again to regenerate the files (with the same result). Added the most recent debug too just in case.

Out of interest if you use the 'extract and add' option does it apply your subtitle settings before adding or does it act as a passthrough? I've been using the 'extract' option and then apply the speed settings then adding manually to the subtitle queue.
Quote: I've been using the 'extract' option and then apply the speed settings then adding manually to the subtitle queue.
That's how I do it too. Smile

Quote:Out of interest if you use the 'extract and add' option does it apply your subtitle settings before adding or does it act as a passthrough?
Would need to check myself reading the code, but you can simply check it yourself, by looking at the created subtitle queue entry. Wink

BTW. think I found the problem (bug in the code) -> looking into it.

Cu Selur
(24.11.2018, 09:26)Selur Wrote:
Quote: I've been using the 'extract' option and then apply the speed settings then adding manually to the subtitle queue.
That's how I do it too. Smile

Quote:Out of interest if you use the 'extract and add' option does it apply your subtitle settings before adding or does it act as a passthrough?
Would need to check myself reading the code, but you can simply check it yourself, by looking at the created subtitle queue entry. Wink

BTW. think I found the problem (bug in the code) -> looking into it.

Cu Selur

Yeah I'll have a look in the queue entry, good point.

Quote:BTW. think I found the problem (bug in the code) -> looking into it.

Thanks for that, fingers crossed it's something simple
The bug itself was simple (forgot to copy the .sub file next to the new strechted idx file), but due to some recent changes I need to write a bunch of things to fix this properly.
-> will report back

Cu Selur
Send you a link to my current dev version via PM which hopefully fixes the problem.

Cu Selur
(24.11.2018, 13:10)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to my current dev version via PM which hopefully fixes the problem.

Cu Selur

Uninstalled normal version and installed the dev version and ran with the same options on the same source. Ran it twice and both times got the end of the job and Hybrid crashed unfortunately. Log attached.