This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] HDR10 Metadata
Photo 
Hi And Thanks For Helping

I am shooting video with my Samsung S20 Ultra and using mcpro24fps app

As so result, I have a video with this parameter

4K x265 (Hevc), 10 Bit HDR10 BT.2020 LOG video

https://imgur.com/CDMFpip

Problem is that when I add this video to Adobe premiere pro color are a mess (adobe can not handle hdr10 bt.2020 color) so I need to remove metadata from the video or other solution for that problem

Thanks

[Image: CDMFpip]
For HDR to SDR conversion you can use on of these option:
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDRtoDFR
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->ToneMap
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDR10 to SDR (DG)
  • Filtering->Filtering->ToneMap

Cu Selur
(13.10.2020, 14:34)Selur Wrote: For HDR to SDR conversion you can use on of these option:
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDRtoDFR
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->ToneMap
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDR10 to SDR (DG)
  • Filtering->Filtering->ToneMap

Cu Selur

Thanks but there is no Vapoursynth under Filtering

and when clicking Filtering->Filtering->ToneMap (I nothing getting active)

I get a log video with the same parameters (except hdr10 color problem) but at least 3 times less MB (which is not good) and for 14 sec 4k video it took 35 min on Macbook 2018 pro
which is not good

any other way just do it? 
Quote:I get a log video with the same parameters (except hdr10 color problem) but at least 3 times less MB (which is not good)

the output size depends on your video encoding settings,... No clue why it's bad that the output is smaller, as long as the quality is okay.
-> adjust your encoding settings to reflect you needs

Quote:and for 14 sec 4k video it took 35 min on Macbook 2018 pro
Quote:which is not good

Yes, HDR -> SDR is slow / power consuming especially if the resolution gets higher.

Quote:Thanks but there is no Vapoursynth under Filtering

Probably since you did not install it. Smile
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279 might be interesting, HDR->SDR will still be slow but iirc the Vapoursynth filters should be faster than ToneMap from FFmpeg.

Cu Selur
(13.10.2020, 16:02)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I get a log video with the same parameters (except hdr10 color problem) but at least 3 times less MB (which is not good)

the output size depends on your video encoding settings,... No clue why it's bad that the output is smaller, as long as the quality is okay.
-> adjust your encoding settings to reflect you needs

Quote:and for 14 sec 4k video it took 35 min on Macbook 2018 pro
Quote:which is not good

Yes, HDR -> SDR is slow / power consuming especially if the resolution gets higher.

Quote:Thanks but there is no Vapoursynth under Filtering

Probably since you did not install it. Smile
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279 might be interesting, HDR->SDR will still be slow but iirc the Vapoursynth filters should be faster than ToneMap from FFmpeg.

Cu Selur

Thanks. i will try.