This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] How to use Custom Code/Plugins
Hello ?
First of all, thank you for such a fantastic bundle as the Hybrid app is. IMO is the best, if not the only way how to get QTGMC on macOS today ?

I'm a total newb and trying to figure out how to install and use any custom plugins with Hybrid. I understand I can run any vapoursynth code from the `Custom` section. But the problem is, I'm at absolute loss as for how to call a custom plugin and refer (pipe?) the clip that is being processed. 

For example the GradCurve plugin — I've managed to make a `dylib` file on my macOS installation by following their linux guide. Only to realise that there is already a `libgradcurve.dylib` included by default. Either way, what next whatever I type in or try to run results in job crash. I'm not even actually able to see where did it crash ?

So my question would be, please, if somebody's reading this and knows where I should look:

1. how to call custom plugins/code in Hybrid?
2. how to debug crash logs (where to find them)?

TaPlease, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:2. how to debug crash logs (where to find them)?
If you had not ignored the request:
Quote:Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
you would have known.
-> read the sticky.

Quote:how to call custom plugins/code in Hybrid?
for Avisynth: Filtering->Avisynth->Custom
for Vapoursynth: Filtering->Vapoursynth->Custom
then look at the Vapoursynth/Avisynth script view to see what happens.
Assuming you know your way around the script language you want to extend the rest should be easy.
For example if you add a custom addition before the end Hybrid would add
# defining beforeEnd-function
def beforeEnd(clip):
  #YOUR CODE HERE
  return clip
at the beginning and
clip = beforeEnd(clip)
before the output of the return clip.
Assuming you properly write the '#YOUR CODE HERE'-part everything should work.
For example:
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB24) # you might need to specify additional parameters here depending of on your current color space
clip = core.grad.Curve(clip,'/media/sf_moon/enc/GradCurve/003b.amp', ftype=1, pmode=1)
# you might also want to convert back to the color space you came from

For debugging script the Avisynth/Vapoursynth Preview and pspipe are usually good tools.
If the Vapoursynth/Avisynth Preview does not work properly with your script neither will the encode.

Cu Selur
Oh Wow! Thank you so much for this! Amazing, you're the best! Cheers