This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hybrid Keeps Crashing and Stopping the Encodes in the Middle of Certain Chapters
So I have tried quite a few DVDs now and all but 1 had this issue, the issue is that either I select a specific chapter to encode, from here:

[Image: zLXsY8x.png]

See this DVD has only 5 chapters, Hybrid is fine for all chapters except chapter 4, when I tried to encode chapter 4 I get this:

[Image: kNiItDX.png]
Hybrid is fine with Chapter 1, 2, 3 and 5, but not chapter 4, so there is two things that happen with Hybrid, either I decide to encode the whole movie and what happens is that Hybrid will encode, but then suddenly cut the encode short in the middle of chapter 4 and will say "FINISHED" in the Jobs section as if nothing wrong happened, or I try to encode starting from Chapter 4 and I get the CRASHED error from the screenshot I posted earlier.

I was suprised when I put a DVD to encode the full movie while sleeping only to come back and see that it was finished, when upon checking out the encode I noticed that Hybrid had only encoded 63 minutes out of a 136 minutes DVD.

I then tried like 8 different DVDs and all except one had issues with Hybrid on different chapters where Hybrid wouldn't encode anything at these chapters and just give the "CRASHED" error message, the only exception is a 1 hour long DVD with only 2 chapters which does not seem to have any issues with Hybrid.

So I tested with a pre-encoded movie MKV (and not a VIDEO_TS DVD folder) that's 90 minutes long and that has 12 chapters, Hybrid has zero issues with any of the chapters for this pre-encoded movie, one difference I noticed is this, the DVDs VIDEO_TS all have an empty Chapters tab in Hybrid, see:

[Image: v5fLW6R.png]

While the pre-encoded MKV movie that has no CRASHED issue with Hybrid has chapters listed in this section, see:

[Image: WSISbAk.png]

I don't know if that could be the reason(s) for the crashes though, I tried to see if removing the chapters would help, so I trief ripping a DVD with MakeMKV but apparently you can not remove chapters with MakeMKV, I know you can do that with Handbrake, but I don't want to encode the DVDs with Handbrake (not even sure if chapters are the issue anyways).

Might have you heard before of this issue or know what it is and how to fix it? I have the latest Windows Hybrid build installed on a Windows 7 64-Bit PC.
No clue where the problem is without a debug output.

Cu Selur