This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Keep "Date created" when encoding single file
Hi.

I have several hundreds of videos that were filmed with Samsung HMX-H104 some years ago. The problem with the video files is that the PAR value seems to be set incorrectly so that all the videos are squished to something likeĀ 2:1.

I have had great success with setting the output PAR to square pixel with MP4Box bat-file with the following code (drag-drop .bat file)'
@ECHO OFF

:LOOP

"C:\Program Files\My MP4Box GUI\Tools\MP4Box.exe" -par 1=1:1 %1

SHIFT

IF [%1]==[] GOTO END

GOTO LOOP

:END

I am looking for explanation on how to achieve this in Hybrid AND ALSO keep "Date created" equal to the input file.
Do you have any recommendations on how I might solve this?
Regards
Thomas
Hybrid will always create a new file and not overwrite the existing one.
Changing the PAR would be easy, but Hybrid does not support any way to change the creation date (keep it from the input).
As a side note:
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3733...n-mp4-vide
might be interesting to you.

Cu Selur
(27.07.2018, 23:26)Selur Wrote: Hybrid will always create a new file and not overwrite the existing one.
Changing the PAR would be easy, but Hybrid does not support any way to change the creation date (keep it from the input).
As a side note:
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3733...n-mp4-vide
might be interesting to you.

Cu Selur

Thanks for your linkĀ . It looks like MP4box or Hybrid is unable to do what I am looking for.
I ended up writing a script for PowerShell that uses the original file times and writes these to the edited files. It's a tedious process, but hopefully I will never have to do this again.