This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] MKVCutter command line options
Hello!

Thanks for an awesome piece of software! I'd like to use a combination of comskip and mkvcutter to edit commercials out of my DVR recordings. I've already got comskip generating edl files that indicate cut points; now I just need to make the cuts. However, my main goal is to be able to automate this entire process. Is there any way to call mkvcutter from the command line and pass in a list of cut points?

Thanks!
Quote:Is there any way to call mkvcutter from the command line and pass in a list of cut points?
Nope. MKVCutter doesn't have any command line parameters. Smile

Cu Selur
(15.06.2017, 09:13)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Is there any way to call mkvcutter from the command line and pass in a list of cut points?
Nope. MKVCutter doesn't have any command line parameters. Smile

Cu Selur

Okay, sounds good. Is the source open? Or have you considered opening it to allow other people to contribute? I saw some of your other projects on github but I didn't see Mkv Cutter.
Didn't open source the mkv cutter source code because it's really ugly. Smile (just wrote as some prove-of-concept not really caring about anything Wink)
Not really planning to open the source code unless someone really wants to maintain it. (not just adding some small features I then have to take care of)

Cu Selur