This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] MP4 PCM error
a video file is MKV, x264+PCM

i want to encode it to a MP4, X264+PCM, but Hybrid displayed this:
[Image: ZpqNBb25DcFHIni.jpg]

is that mean MP4 file can't with PCM audio? i have to using AAC or AC3 audio format to encode?

is there anyway to encode MP4, x264+PCM?  because i want to keep the best quality

and the PCM info is

Format                        : PCM
Format settings                : Little / Signed
Codec ID                      : A_PCM/INT/LIT
Duration                      : 44 min 47 s
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                      : 1 536 kb/s
Channel(s)                    : 2 channels
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                    : 2.000 FPS (24000 SPF)
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Stream size                    : 492 MiB (3%)

if i only have to encode it with X264+AAC, what's the best bitrate of AAC to set? can it reach 3072 or 1510?
[Image: djpeOMyikV7GHZv.jpg]
[qute]is that mean MP4 file can't with PCM audio? i have to using AAC or AC3 audio format to encode?[/quote]
No, the mp4 standard does not allow wav audio inside the container.
Quote:is there anyway to encode MP4, x264+PCM? because i want to keep the best quality
Any lossless audio i.e. ALAC (apple lossless audio codec; supported through qaac) would not change the quality.
Personally I would probably use flac and mkv as container.

Quote: what's the best bitrate of AAC to set? can it reach 3072 or 1510?
No clue how to answer that.
What's the criteria to be the best audio bit rate?
Why use bit rate and not quality factor?
For most content 320kbit/s aac is fine for 5.1 audio so your bit rates are possible, but probably a waste of bit rate.

If you are not using lossless x264 compression, then why aim for lossless audio?

Cu Selur
Quote:If you are not using lossless x264 compression, then why aim for lossless audio?

Cu Selur

i want to encode a MP4 file that as the same size as the original file, so PCM should reserve, otherwise the encoded filesize is smaller than the original.

and because its subtitle will encode in the picture, as part of content, i think MP4 with X264+PCM is best, don't want to use MKV.

and when i try to encode a MP4 file , x264+AAC,

it displayed the error message, can't encode
[Image: noGRyMievFQ7mxr.jpg]
Quote:i want to encode a MP4 file that as the same size as the original file, ...
Seems stupid, but is possible if you use 2pass encoding.

Quote:it displayed the error message, can't encode
-> read the sticky provide proper details&co

Cu Selur
(25.02.2021, 19:51)Selur Wrote:
Quote:i want to encode a MP4 file that as the same size as the original file, ...
Seems stupid, but is possible if you use 2pass encoding.

no, when i encoded i can share on PT site to get some upload data, the high quality, the more big data size, the better, many people want to download then.

for now, it's impossible to 2pass encoding to get the same size, because MP4 can't encode with PCM, have to use other audo format, it will cause the encoded file is smaller than original one.