This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] SubTitle
Hello,

I would like to share with you the problem that I cannot overcome.
To encode the video, no problem.
But to have the subtitle seems to be a problem (not as the text in the mp4 container), but to burn the text on the video.

Here are the screenshots/capture of the windows in the attached file (doc1.docx)

The hybrid file is also attached to this message.

Thank you very much for any reply that could help me.

Best regards

Frederic

PS: Hybrid windows version Hybrid_2019.06.09.2_SETUP.exe
The Vapoursynth script itself:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SubtitleFilter/VSFilterMod/VSFilterMod.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Loading C:\Users\Frédéric\Downloads\The Fifth Estate 2013 MULTi VFF-VFQ-VOA AC3 1080p HDLight x264.GHT-zone-Telechargement.ws.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="C:/Users/FRDRIC~1/DOWNLO~1/THEFIF~1.MKV", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 24000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# Loading C:\Users\Frédéric\Downloads\assange.srt using VSFilterMod
clip = core.vsfm.TextSubMod(clip=clip, file="C:/Users/Frédéric/Downloads/assange.srt")
# Output
clip.set_output()
looks fine to me.

The encoding call:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\Frédéric\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_22_55_12_5110.vpy" - --y4 | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x264.exe" --bitrate 2200 --profile baseline --ratetol 2.0 --qcomp 0.5 --partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 --no-fast-pskip --subme 5 --trellis 0 --aq-mode 0 --sar 1:1 --qpfile "C:\Users\FRDRIC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\toto_22_55_12_5110_05.qp" --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --demuxer y4m  --input-range tv --fps 24000/1001 --output-depth 8 --output "C:\Users\FRDRIC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\22_55_12_5110_06.264" -
seems fine too, but according to the error there seems to be a problem with the decoding or piping.

->
1. Does the Vapoursynth preview work?
2. Might be related to the special characters inside the path. Try placing the source files into paths without special characters and also change the temp and output folder to folders without special characters. (might be a problem with one of the filters not handling the characters properly)
3. Might be a problem with the subtitle file.

Cu Selur
Thank you very much. It was due to the special characters inside the path. I changed it with a path without space or special charcater (without accent) and so on.

By the way, I would like to know how to encode sutitle (the burn on the video) with accent characters. But I checked the box "UTF8", but weired characters are burned on the video.

Any trips to overcome this trouble ?

Best regards, and good luck,

Frédéric
a. make sure the text file is saved as UFT8
b. in case that doesn't help share an example subtile file (with a few actual subtitles in them would be enough) and I can look at it

Cu Selur
Here is the subtitle file. The special characters (é, à, è, ...) are not burned as this on the video. Other weired characters replace them ...
I try to change the UTF8 into Windows-1252 or so, just to see the impact. It is encoding at that time, I will see that in an hour.

Frédéric
I can reproduce the issue, looking into it.
-> will report back once I figure it out Smile

Cu Selur
Here is what I get (see image attached) instead of (cinquième pouvoir, with the è).

Best regards
Try the dev version I send you a link to. Smile
All is fine and the characters are coded and burned correctly on the video.
Many thanks, and goog luck for continuing the developements,

Frédéric
Hello,

One more thing : (subtitle) if i try to overwrite default parameters and try to resize the characters, or change the colors of the characters to be burned on the video (overwrite ass styling), no subtitle is coming with the video.
It seems that there is a conflict between the default mode, and the ass styling if we change some parameters for the subtitle.

Best regards,

Frédéric