This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Vapoursynth is terribly slow.
Photo 
Source : 1080p BluRay 8bit Remux
Output : x265 10bit 
Same Settings : crop, SMDegrain, LSFmod

MySystem:
HexaCore AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
memory 16GB
GeForce GTX 1050
SSD 128G

Vapoursynth:
[Image: v.jpg]

avisynth:
[Image: A.jpg]

Encoding up to 10 percent is the same.

Is it usually this slow?
I noticed that you used in Avisynth:
# grain handling
SMDegrain(tr=3,thSAD=400,RefineMotion=true,interlaced=false)
# sharpening
LSFmod(Smode=5,Smethod=3,Lmode=4,soft=-2,edgemaskHQ=true)
and in Vapoursynth:
clip = havsfunc.SMDegrain(input=clip, tr=3, thSAD=400, RefineMotion=True, interlaced=False)
clip = havsfunc.LSFmod(input=clip, Smode=2, Smethod=3, secure=True, Lmode=22, preblur=False, soft=-2, edgemaskHQ=True)
so at least the LSFmode differ quite a bit.

On a Ryzen 7 1800x using x265 with the default settings I get:
  • ~7 fps with the Vapoursynth script you posted.
  • ~6.6 with the Avisynth script you posted
One of the advantages of Vapoursynth is the better scalability in regard of cpu cores, so if you run on a system with less then 4 logical cores it might be slower than Avisynth.

-> so depending on your system it is expected that Vapoursynth is slower, but no clue why Vapoursynth should be that slow on your system.
I would have expected that the Vapoursynth script is a bit faster than the Avisynth script.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Noticed that I uploaded an old havsfunc script with the version, using opencl=True and the script from https://github.com/Selur/VapoursynthScri...avsfunc.py fixes helps (otherwise opencl=True doesn't work, with opencl enabled I get ~9.7fps on my system, 30%+ gain) This shows that the main bottleneck is SMDegrain in your script and using opencl does help since this causes Hybrid to use nnedi3cl instead if zneedi3.