This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] encode ASS into video export MOV file, subtitle effect is not correct
(27.02.2021, 12:22)Selur Wrote: I doubt that the name caused a problem with the representation, but you would have to ask the author of the filter about that.
I'll write a small workaround for the subtitle loading which will work as long as 8.3 filenames are not disabled on your drive.

Cu Selur

yeah, thanks for your workaround, and it's best that if you can ask the filter author to fix, because you know details behind the scenes. i don't know anything.

all the subtitle, audio track, input, output folder, can be fixed will be great. thanks.
Quote:yeah, thanks for your workaround, and it's best that if you can ask the filter author to fix, because you know details behind the scenes. i don't know anything.
Sorry, but since I can't reproduce the issue here, that is not going to happen.

Quote:all the subtitle, audio track, input, output folder, can be fixed will be great. thanks.
This should only be a problem of the subtitle filter used, no clue why you want to change other filter names,..

Cu Selur
you can rename the folder to the same as chinese folder in the debug file to reproduce. copy folder name and paste, in debug txt.

why i want to change? because before encode ass into video got a wrong blur effect, and you told me to enabled the two options

• Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Prefer VsFilterMod

• Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth

i only enable the two options, besides, i didn't do anything else .

update:

encoding complete. when import file and ASS file out of chinese character folder, the encode MOV file gets a right subtitle effect.
I would also have to change the system language etc. to reproduce the issue. (not happening)
Also I don't see any need to contact the author myself since the workaround should fix the issue. Still waiting for feedback from you regarding the last dev version (2021.02.27-11248) I send you a link to.
-> okay, reading your update: problem in Hybrid seems to be fixed.

Cu Selur
(27.02.2021, 12:52)Selur Wrote: I would also have to change the system language etc. to reproduce the issue. (not happening)
Also I don't see any need to contact the author myself since the workaround should fix the issue. Still waiting for feedback from you regarding the last dev version (2021.02.27-11248) I send you a link to.
-> okay, reading your update: problem in Hybrid seems to be fixed.

Cu Selur

OK, thank you, try to download but 404, no file.

and i have some questions:

1) do i need to enabled the two options everytime when i want to encode ASS subtitle into video? to avoid getting any wrong blur effect or any other wrong effect.
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Prefer VsFilterMod

• Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth

2) encoding SUP into video is good even without enable the two options, so if videos have both same ASS and SUP, (SUP are converted by ASS), is it better to use SUP for encoding into video instead of using ASS? but i think ASS is the original file, maybe when encoded done subtitle in pcture has less jagged edge? or the same quality as sup encoding? but SUP gets less error, which one is best to use when encoding subtitle into video? ASS or SUP?

3) if new version installed, i don't need to worry about non-english named folder issue, and can use chinese character named folder freely, right?
Quote:OK, thank you, try to download but 404, no file.
I assumed you downloaded the version and deleted it.

Quote:1. do i need to enabled the two options everytime when i want to encode ASS subtitle into video? to avoid getting any wrong blur effect or any other wrong effect.
Yes, the way you want the .ass code to be interpreted is not how ffmpeg and Vapoursynths own TextSubFilter interprets, so you need 'Prefer VsFilterMod' so that Hybrid known that it should use 'VsFilterMod'.
Additionally you want Hybrid to use Vapoursynth and not FFmpeg, thus 'Always use Vapoursynth' is required.
(similar settings can be used when using Avisynth)
Quote:2) encoding SUP into video is good even without enable the two options, so if videos have both same ASS and SUP, (SUP are converted by ASS), is it better to use SUP for encoding into video instead of using ASS? but i think ASS is the original file, maybe when encoded done subtitle in pcture has less jagged edge? or the same quality as sup encoding? but SUP gets less error, which one is best to use when encoding subtitle into video? ASS or SUP?
.sup subtitles are picture based, .ass subititles are text based.
To embed them into a video they both need to be converted into pixels which replace the original pixels based off the video.
Picture based subtitles can be easier handled and their specification rarely changes, downsize is that they have a fixed resolution and resizing them before embedding them will lower their quality.
Text subtitles on the other hand usually allow more freedom and sharper rendering before the embedding. Problem there is the interpretation of text subtitles might change easier since they rely on a filter to properly interpret them and convert then into pixels. (which can be problematic if the specification changed)
-> doesn't really matter as long as:
a. you don't change the resolution of video in which you embed the subtitles too much
b. the text subtitles get properly interpreted

Quote:3) if new version installed, i don't need to worry about non-english named folder issue, and can use chinese character named folder freely, right?
Same as before, only thing that changed is that Hybrid tries to use the 8.3 filename instead of the default long file name when feeding the subtitles to the VSFilterMod filter in Vapoursynth.
Can't tell for sure that there is nothing else that might have a problem with non-ascii characters.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll send you a new link.
OK, thank you.
(27.02.2021, 16:13)楼主,你的ass是gbk编码、utf8编码还是Unicode编码?有些外国软件比如staxrip不支持汉字路径和文件名的,megui、mediamux、xmedia recode、shanaencoder这些对中文支持比较好。 Wrote: 顺便问个问题,我有个视频分辨率是1920*804,我想给频加黑边变成1920*1080,并且同时压制硬字幕,字幕脚本是1920*1080的ass字幕,怎么操作?我试了只能加黑边,压不了硬字幕,但是换另外一个1920*1080的视频可以成功压制硬字幕,这个软件不能像别的软件那样加黑边同时顺便压制硬字幕一次过?
ps:你的英文这么好,联系作者出个中文界面吧,方便推广中国人使用。 Big Grin