This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] how to set x264 to get the same encode parameters?
if a video info like this, 

[Image: dS71TtKm83OX9I4.jpg]

i want to encode ASS embed into it, but keep the same AVC encode parameters like before, so how to set in Hybrid? thanks.

Main@L5, 2 Ref Frames, i know how to set these two options in Hybrid, but CABAC:NO, GOP:N=2, codec ID, i don't know how to set in Hybrid.
Quote: but keep the same AVC encode parameters like before
unless you need to encode for some hardware which only supports these options, this usually is a bad idea.

Quote: but CABAC:NO, GOP:N=2, codec ID, i don't know how to set in Hybrid.
Assuming you are using x264:
For "CABAC: NO" set "x264->Restriction->Settings->Entropy coding" to "CAVLC"
For "GOP: N=2" set "x264->Frames->General Frame Settings->Gop size max min/max" to 2 (depending on the device you might even need to use 2/2, but max 2 is what "GOP: N=2" means).
(have to check on the codec id)
As a side note: Unless you encode for some specific old hardware which does not support more these settings are 'crap'. Smile

Cu Selur
I remembered the 'Codec ID': It's how .mkv tags AVC streams.
-> you need to use mkv (or webm) as output container for this.

Cu Selur