This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[INFO] Question about cpu ,and gpu
Someone of users this forum has graphic card gtx1080ti with i5 processor?Do the i5-9600k will be bottleneck for gtx1080ti during hevc to hevc conversion in 4k.
I already has i5-9600k and gtx1060.My fps during conversion are 50-54fps.During that conversion cpu is used at 100% so its mean that processor is to slow?What i need to change first?gpu or cpu?Do i achieve some fps gain when i change graphic card to gtx1080ti?
Thanks for any answers.
You should get faster speeds when using NVEnc as encoder and enable 'NVEnc->Filtering->Only use encoder'.
Downside of this is that you don't have access to Avisynth and Vapousynth filtering.
-> My guess is that not the hardware, but your settings are the problem.

Cu Selur
Oh my god why i dont knewed that earlier i got now 82fps instead of 52.So when i buy 1080ti i will have significant fps boost?Thank you can i donate you ising paysafecard?I cant donate using other method for now.
Quote:So when i buy 1080ti i will have significant fps boost?
looking at:
https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encod...ort-matrix
the 1060 uses GP106 and the 1080ti uses GP102 and the 1080ti has two nvenc engines so it should be faster.
Can't tell for sure since I only got a 1070ti.

Quote:Thank you can i donate you ising paysafecard?I cant donate using other method for now.
Atm. no, since never used paysafecard and don't really know much about it. Smile

Cu Selur
Only for information, i have an GTX970 oc@1600Mhz, and with NVENC encoding HEVC for 1080p, i have between 90-125fps, so with an GTX 1080i it would be i think nearly the double.
I have for 720p material about 250fps encoding. 
For 4K material i have about 30-40fps encoding.

I encode in only decoder CUDA, h265 with quality preset, with AQ spatial on, VBR, Ref Frames 5, look ahead 32, for all my encoding, i only adapt the bitrate depending on source. Wink