This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[INFO] low processor usage - reason?
#1
Hi Selur.

Was wondering, you have ever had a similar report, but here is the deal.
Once the movie encoding starts, the CPU usage goes up to 100% and remains there for a while, but at a certain % it drops significantly (to 20-30%) and stays there.
I can ensure you, there are 0 other background processes at play.
System is Win10x64, Core i7-6700, GPU usage is 0%, I forced 8 threads (for my 4x2 overall cores) on the x264 tab, but it happens also when i leave it on auto. As you can see usage is so bad, that the CPU can cut back on speed.
Vaporsynth is using MLdegrain, Finesharp, Dotkill and Hysteria.
Is this because one of these DLL are unoptimized?

Thanks.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#2
The Filter combination you chose also uses a lot of ram on higher resolutions.
Using a 1280x720 source ant:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/dotkill64.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Import scripts
import hysteria
import hnwvsfunc
import mvsfunc
# Loading E:\to convert\test.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="E:\to convert\test.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as unspec
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="unspec",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 24000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# DeCrawling using DotKill
clip = core.dotkill.DotKill(clip=clip, napply=3)
# removing grain using MLDegrain
clip = hnwvsfunc.MLDegrain(clip=clip, soft=[0,0,0])
# sharpening using FineSharp
clip = hnwvsfunc.FineSharp(clip=clip)
# line darkening using Hysteria
clip = hysteria.Hysteria(clip=clip,highthresh=10)
# Output
clip.set_output()
the memory usage is sky rocketing,... looks like one of the filters has a memory leak.
After ~10min, the RAM usage is > 11 GB and still increasing, so my guess is that if the same is happening on your system, you might run out of RAM. Wink

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll do some more testing and may be add an option to Hybrid to limit the RAM usage of Vapoursynth.
PPs.: CPU usage is down to 40% now that ~16GB are used,.. my guess is that one of the filters has a bug uses more and more memory and slows down the more memory it uses (hitting 17GB now).
Reply
#3
Got it, it's DotKill.
Replacing the file in your Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\DeCrawlFilter\DotKill folder with the attached version should fix the issue.

Cu Selur


Attached Files
.zip   dotkill64.zip (Size: 8,8 KB / Downloads: 15)
Reply
#4
(23.02.2019, 09:58)Selur Wrote: Got it, it's DotKill.
Replacing the file in your Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\DeCrawlFilter\DotKill folder with the attached version should fix the issue.

Cu Selur

yea, in the meantime i also got it figured out that it was dotkill.
ill try the new one, thx.

(23.02.2019, 21:28)kkf_hu Wrote:
(23.02.2019, 09:58)Selur Wrote: Got it, it's DotKill.
Replacing the file in your Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\DeCrawlFilter\DotKill folder with the attached version should fix the issue.

Cu Selur

yea, in the meantime i also got it figured out that it was dotkill.
ill try the new one, thx.

yea it did the trick alright, thx Selur
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)