This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Incorrectly recognized GPU
Information 
Hello to all. I installed the hybrid frontend in my Arch Linux. When the program initializes i receive the message

Detected the following cards which seem to lack NVIDIA PureVideo support: GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile
No card found that's supported by nvenc, the CUDA encoding library. -> Removing CUDA based encoding support. Card name was compared against: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

But the nvidia-settings recognize my GPU as a GeForce GTX 1060 as shown in the attachment. Any suggestions ?

Btw the system supports Cuda as i used it in deep learning TensorFlow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's not about whether the nvidia-settings recognizes the card or not.
It's about whether Hybrids list of nvenc capable cards contains the name of your card. Smile
Sadly NVIDIA doesn't to offer a list of all nvenc capable cards.
Quote:Any suggestions ?
Let me add your 'GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile' to the list of supported cards and wait for the next release of Hybrid.
(may be I get around to compile a Linux dev version over the weekend, if I do, I'll send you a link via PM.)

Cu Selur

Ps.: Only thing you could (in theory) do yourself is to get your system to report your card as a 'GeForce GTX 1060' instead of a 'GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile' when lspci is called. Smile
I confirm that using the dev version fixed the problem after clearing the tool cache. Problem solved.