This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MKV Cutter Batch Process?
First and foremost. thank you very much for taking the time to make this awesome lil utility. it has saved me so much time I cant express my gratitude.

one to my question. i'm currently working with a mkv file that has 4 areas that i need to cut as separate files. currently im cutting them one at a time and wanted to know if there is a batch process to cut a single file in to multiple parts? Perhaps the answer is obvious and staring me in the face but im too stupid to figure this out.

thank you
Moved the thread since it's not Hybrid related an as such has nothing to do in any of the Hybrid sections.
No, "MKV Cutter" has no patch processing option.
MKV Cutter is meant to remove parts and not to cut into multiple parts.
If you want that and you are fine with only cutting on Key-frames and you now the time stamps you want to cut at, you could use mkvtoolnix.
see: https://forums.plex.tv/t/howto-splitting...gui/108396

Cu Selur
(10.08.2019, 12:01)Selur Wrote: Moved the thread since it's not Hybrid related an as such has nothing to do in any of the Hybrid sections.
No, "MKV Cutter" has no patch processing option.
MKV Cutter is meant to remove parts and not to cut into multiple parts.
If you want that and you are fine with only cutting on Key-frames and you now the time stamps you want to cut at, you could use mkvtoolnix.
see: https://forums.plex.tv/t/howto-splitting...gui/108396

Cu Selur
 thank you for the prompt response and apologies for posting in wrong section. ive used mkvtooknix and where mkvtoolnix fails mkv cutter excels.
ill keep doing it as one section at time. no big deal. this tool is much more precise

Thanks again
Quote:this tool is much more precise
That's since MKV Cutter, does allow to cut on non-key-frames and reencode the gops (group of pictures) that get broken up by the cut.
mkvtolnix on the other hand only can cut on key-frames since it can't reencode.

Cu Selur