This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MacOS support
I am a new MacOS Hybrid user via the widely published instructions and package on many forums. I have been reading the discussions between Selur and the main MacOS supporters and I am now rather confused as to whether the statement on the Home page that you no longer support MacOS is definitive?
I am very keen to use Hybrid but not if it is not going to be updated. If I HAD to I would VERY reluctantly switch to Windows, but I would much prefer to use the MacOS ver even if (say) it only got fewer updates and maybe less features.
Can you please tell me your current thoughts?
I removed the statement. (totally forgot about it)
Running MacOS in VM atm. which seems to work fine so far.
Haven't tried Big Sur and atm. there is no plan for a ARM based version since:
a. I don't own an ARM Mac
b. most of the tools Hybrid uses are not available for ARM atm.

Cu Selur

Ps.: atm. you probably get the best experience on Mac by first use shijans installer to install Vapoursynth&Co and then replace the Hybrid.app with the latest from the official download page.
(06.12.2020, 12:13)Selur Wrote: I removed the statement. (totally forgot about it)
Running MacOS in VM atm. which seems to work fine so far.
Haven't tried Big Sur and atm. there is no plan for a ARM based version since:
a. I don't own an ARM Mac
b. most of the tools Hybrid uses are not available for ARM atm.

Cu Selur

Ps.: atm. you probably get the best experience on Mac by first use shijans installer to install Vapoursynth&Co and then replace the Hybrid.app with the latest from the official download page.

Yes I did use Shijan’s installer (thanks for that - worked with no issues) and your statement makes an old man a happy bunny Big Grin