This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Multiple issues
Already added older versions of mencoder/mplayer to the dev builds, since the newer builds using m-ba-s all do not work. No clue why so far.

Cu Selur
Can't reproduce any of the issues you mentioned here.
-> I'll compile my current dev an will send you a link, if that version doesn't help, I probably need a sample to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
1.  Avisynth "DeSpot"  still crashes "Filter View", throwing an error:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
Avisynth preview error: -> ConvertToYUY2: invalid "matrix" parameter (must be matrix="Rec601", "Rec709", "PC.601" or "PC.709") (, line 12)

2. Avisynth "RemoveDirt"- "Filter View" if "Mode" other than 16 now working fine.

3.Process another QT ProRes file (duration ~ 20 mins) - I was wrong - It shows it in the "Filter View" approx after 5mins of waiting (with no notification).
However after activation any filter (Vapoursynth), "Preview" window stays in "Non responding" mode another ~ 5mins, after that it stays "forever"
showing the frame where filter was activated, without showing filtered view (it shows the same non filtered frame).
No reaction on "Next/Previous" frame (CPU load ~ 10%)
Process another QT ProRes file (duration ~ 20 mins) - the issue is in ffms2 indexing. Couldn't find an option in "Hybrid" to push it to use
LSMASHSource instead.
Okay, found the culprit of the matrix issue. Due to a typo Hybrid sometimes used PC709 instead of PC.709, so that should fix the DeSpot issue.
Strange thing is for me Vapoursynth by default uses LWLibavSource unless 'Prefer LWLibAVSource over FFmpegSource2' is disabled instead of ffms2.
# current color space: YUV444P16, bit depth: 12, resolution: 1920x1080, fps: 25, color matrix: 709, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: progressive
# Loading F:\TestClips&Co\files\ProRes\AlexaCafe709_ProRes4444.mov using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="F:/TestClips&Co/files/ProRes/AlexaCafe709_ProRes4444.mov", format="YUV444P16", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
I also found some code that forces FFMS2 instead of LWLibavSource for ProRes when 'Prefer LWLibAVSource over FFmpegSource2' is disabled. (iirc this was since LSMASHSource couldn't handle ProRes files, but FFMS2 could)

-> I'll do some testing whether LSMASHSource can handle high bit ProRes nowadays

Cu Selur
(05.12.2020, 08:52)Selur Wrote: Okay, found the culprit of the matrix issue. Due to a typo Hybrid sometimes used PC709 instead of PC.709, so that should fix the DeSpot issue.
Strange thing is for me Vapoursynth by default uses LWLibavSource unless 'Prefer LWLibAVSource over FFmpegSource2' is disabled instead of ffms2.
# current color space: YUV444P16, bit depth: 12, resolution: 1920x1080, fps: 25, color matrix: 709, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: progressive
# Loading F:\TestClips&Co\files\ProRes\AlexaCafe709_ProRes4444.mov using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="F:/TestClips&Co/files/ProRes/AlexaCafe709_ProRes4444.mov", format="YUV444P16", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
I also found some code that forces FFMS2 instead of LWLibavSource for ProRes when 'Prefer LWLibAVSource over FFmpegSource2' is disabled. (iirc this was since LSMASHSource couldn't handle ProRes files, but FFMS2 could)

-> I'll do some testing whether LSMASHSource can handle high bit ProRes nowadays

Cu Selur

Yes, LSMASHSource handles high bit ProRes. I've already tested and it works fine
New Hybrid_dev_2020.12.05-81223:

1. DVD input now shows nothing in "Filter View"/"Crop View"  with Vapoursunth,  in "Avisynth" it shows just "Player", that plays stream, regardless De-interlace use.
2. QTGMC (Avisynth) de-interlacer disappears in the DVD input mode
(I tried replace mencoder/mplayer with the newer version as before - doesn't help)
3. QT Prores now shows in Vapoursynth "Filter View" promptly, however after assign "Despot" - "Filter View" becomes unresponsive, filtered result not showing.
4. QT Prores "Dehalo"/"Dehalo_alpha"/"BlindDehalo3" shows some kind of mask even with "Show Mask:None"

[Image: ProRes_DeHalo.jpg]

5. QT Prores is not showing in Avisynth "Filter View"/"Crop View" at all.
6. Avisynth "Despot" shows highlighted noise instead of remove it .

[Image: DeSpot_AVS.jpg]
Quote:1. DVD input now shows nothing in "Filter View"/"Crop View" with Vapoursunth,
Probably something I broke with the last changes.
Will look into it after work.
Quote: in "Avisynth" it shows just "Player", that plays stream, regardless De-interlace use.
That is correct. Crop and normal Preview do not use Avisynth at all.

Quote:2. QTGMC (Avisynth) de-interlacer disappears in the DVD input mode
(I tried replace mencoder/mplayer with the newer version as before - doesn't help)
That is correct. If you want to use Avisynth for DVD Input you need to enable "Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth for DVD input".

Quote:QT Prores now shows in Vapoursynth "Filter View" promptly, however after assign "Despot" - "Filter View" becomes unresponsive, filtered result not showing.
Quote:QT Prores "Dehalo"/"Dehalo_alpha"/"BlindDehalo3" shows some kind of mask even with "Show Mask:None"
Probably some issue with the color space handling.
Are you using Avisnyth or Vapoursynth here?

Cu Selur
(07.12.2020, 05:51)Selur Wrote:
Quote:1. DVD input now shows nothing in "Filter View"/"Crop View"  with Vapoursunth,
Quote:  in "Avisynth" it shows just "Player", that plays stream, regardless De-interlace use.

That is correct. If you want to use Avisynth for DVD Input you need to enable "Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth for DVD input".

Quote:QT Prores now shows in Vapoursynth "Filter View" promptly, however after assign "Despot" - "Filter View" becomes unresponsive, filtered result not showing.
Quote:QT Prores "Dehalo"/"Dehalo_alpha"/"BlindDehalo3" shows some kind of mask even with "Show Mask:None"

Cu Selur
QT Prores in "Avisynth" "Filter View"  shows just "Player", that plays stream, regardless De-interlace use.
There is no way to assign any filter in Avisynth and preview it.
(07.12.2020, 06:51)serg Wrote:
(07.12.2020, 05:51)Selur Wrote:
Quote:1. DVD input now shows nothing in "Filter View"/"Crop View"  with Vapoursunth,
Quote:  in "Avisynth" it shows just "Player", that plays stream, regardless De-interlace use.

Cu Selur
QT Prores in "Avisynth" "Filter View"  shows just "Player", that plays stream, regardless De-interlace use.
There is no way to assign any filter in Avisynth and preview it.

DVD input:
"That is correct. If you want to use Avisynth for DVD Input you need to enable "Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth for DVD input"."
After that Avisynth  "Filter view" finally shows video after ~ 5+ mins. In order to assign any filter with "Filter view" correct response - you need to wait additional ~ 3+ mins.
It looks like the problem still in the ffmpeg indexing.
However, even after that, attempt to mp4 output caused endless stay in the "Waiting" mode