This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NVEncC NVIDIA MAXINE Super Resolution
Hello Selur,

With the version 7.15 Rigaya added the support in NVEncC of NVIDIA MAXINE.
    I think that the most interesting filter added is the NVIDIA Super Resolution.
    I would be nice if you could add the support of this filter also in Hybrid.

Thanks,
Dan
No really planning to add this since:
a. I would need all the needed dependencies to ship them with Hybrid.
b. I tested these filter through https://github.com/AkarinVS/vapoursynth-...ree/master, but wasn't really impressed.
Unless you can provide the needed dlls and demonstrate that these filters are really useful, I do not plan to increase the Hybrid download size and spend time writing support for this.
You can still use these by installing the required dependencies and extending the NVEncC-call through NVEnc->Misc->Addition.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

I installed the NVIDIA MAXINE VideoEffects SDK and used  NVEnc->Misc->Addition to apply the SR filter.
   I do agree with you the results are not so good as shown on github, probably just marketing...

Dan
NVIDIA officials reported
that this VSR technology
just enhances a good picture
if you compare photos - there are only static objects
there is no person to compare

in conventional tests - 4k photos of a person's face
then you can see what it did
proper balance gradient/HDR
that is, quality +1% detail

PS +understand

before such a good effect was in the CPU
now there is an improved version of the VGA

that means

Encoding will become 10 times more correct and faster!
So it's just a contrast enhancement? => does not seem worth the increased file size&co to add directly support for it in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
(18.03.2023, 07:02)Selur Wrote: So it's just a contrast enhancement? => does not seem worth the increased file size&co to add directly support for it in Hybrid.

Cu Selur

so in Hybrid I use X264/265

and I use QSVENC/NVENC in other software (true: latest version)
My TV has already a good AI upscaler, that is doing a good job in upscaling a HD movie in a 4K movie.
Is not worth doing an upscaling offline to reencode a movie from HD to 4K it is a waste of time and space.

When the Bluray standard was introduced, the difference in quality between a DVD and a Bluray was very visible, fortunately now the situation is different (thanks probably to the AI upscalers).

My problem is that sometime I had to upscale movies in DVD quality (or even worse) to HD. For this kind of jobs are necessary Super Resolution AI upscalers that are able to manage decently such situation. Currently the are few upscalers being able to do that, among them RealESR is one that is performing quite well especially thanks to the weighted resizer introduced in Hybrid.

Dan.
(18.03.2023, 10:26)Dan64 Wrote: My TV has already a good AI upscaler, that is doing a good job in upscaling a HD movie in a 4K movie.
Is not worth doing an upscaling offline to reencode a movie from HD to 4K it is a waste of time and space.

When the Bluray standard was introduced, the difference in quality between a DVD and a Bluray was very visible, fortunately now the situation is different (thanks probably to the AI upscalers).

My problem is that sometime I had to upscale movies in DVD quality (or even worse) to HD. For this kind of jobs are necessary Super Resolution AI upscalers that are able to manage decently such situation.
another software
=================
(18.03.2023, 10:26)Dan64 Wrote: Currently the are few upscalers being able to do that, among them RealESR-GAN is one that is performing quite well especially thanks to the weighted resizer introduced in Hybrid.
Dan.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ? wannabe...
Ok, it seems that you are quite lazy to spent sometime in understanding how Hybrid works.

You can find below a screenshot to apply RealESRGAN resizer.

[Image: Hybrid-Resize.png]

To improve the encoding speed you can enable Tensor RT (as shown in the picture).
To be able to use this resizer you need a NVIDIA card (better RTX20 or above) and the torch-addon package.
There is a thread for getting the torch-addon for Hybrid: How do I get the torchaddon package

Dan
(18.03.2023, 15:50)Dan64 Wrote: Ok, it seems that you are quite lazy to spent sometime in understanding how Hybrid works.

You can find below a screenshot to apply RealESRGAN resizer.

[Image: Hybrid-Resize.png]

To improve the encoding speed you can enable Tensor RT (as shown in the picture).
To be able to use this resizer you need a NVIDIA card (better RTX20 or above) and the torch-addon package.
There is a thread for getting the torch-addon for Hybrid: How do I get the torchaddon package

Dan
OMG! Thanks! (my VGA: 3060-12)