This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback
That's a bug, I introduced then I fixed the quantizerMinimum/quantizerMaximum.
-> will fix Smile

Cu Selur
No correction. I had the click order wrong.
To use lossless you need to:
  • "x264->Base->Restriction Settings->AVC Profile" to either "None" or "High4:4:4"
  • "x264->Base->General Settings->Encoding mode" to 'constant quantizer (1-pass)',
  • enable "x264->Base->General Settings->Lossless"
command line will then properly use "--qp 0".

Cu Selur
Thanks. Now it works.
Should I set Quantization strength to 1 (min allowed) or it does not matter, as far as Lossless is Enabled it is good?

Also wanted to try suggested by Doom9 changing Encoding Mode to:

--nal-hrd vbr

How this can be done?
There is no such setting in Encoding Modes.

Adding line manually?
Quote:Should I set Quantization strength to 1 (min allowed) or it does not matter, as far as Lossless is Enabled it is good?
'Quantization strength' is ignored when 'lossless' is enabled.

Quote:--nal-hrd vbr

How this can be done?
There is no such setting in Encoding Modes.
Naturally since it's not an encoding mode.
Enable "x264->Base->Restriction Settings->signal hrd" and set it to "vbr" and you get '--nal-hrd vbr' in the command line.

Cu Selur
For CRF lossless encoding, x264 Frames, GOP parameters settings, do they matter?

AVC Profile" to either "None" or "High4:4:4", should I check, compare to different ones?
Or they basically the same, will not result so much in the lossless level, video quality wise?
Quote:For CRF lossless encoding, x264 Frames, GOP parameters settings, do they matter?
a. there is no difference between "--qp 0" and "--crf 0", so there is no crf lossless.
b. other parameters still matter, as they can increase the compression ration (more references, analysis, etc. can result in smaller output size)

Quote:AVC Profile" to either "None" or "High4:4:4", should I check, compare to different ones?
Probably doesn't matter. Only difference is that Hybrid will explicitly add '--profile high444' which will enforce High4:4:4 signaling, but x264 should also that signaling.
Output will still be lossless so quality wise there is no difference.

Cu Selur
Well, that x264 lossless idea is not so practically useful.
It takes 1.5 hours to encode (on Normal speed setting) 30 sec video clip in TMPGEnc with its' x264 encoder.
Speed ration 1/200.
Yes, normal encoding usually is faster (probably around x2) than lossless encoding, but it's not lossless. Smile

Cu Selur
That is the problem, normal encoding for 30 sec clip from x264 encoded by Hybrid with 22Mbps video (84MB file) takes 40 sec.
150 times faster comparing to lossless x264 (940MB file), not the 2x as you say.

Whys is such difference?

If it wood be only 2x, it will not be a problem, but 150x makes impossible to use.
x150 sound like something is wrong assuming the output folder lies on a local drive (not an usb stick or a network drive).

Cu Sleur