This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Splitting Audio Extract (wav/flac) by Chapters
Hi,
at first: great software, I was already able to extract DTS-HD files (and in the same run convert) them to multichannel flac/wav  Smile . (For Dolby TrueHD though decoding doesn't seem to work, probably due to some licencing issue/appropriate library missing - any advice on that?)

I have some conecert Blu-Rays and mkv-files from which I'd like to export multichannel audio files.
Is it possible to get separate audio files according to the video chapters i.e. split them by chapter marks while creating the output?

If not, maybe somebody has advice on an efficient workaround, I was thinking about somehow getting a cuesheet out of the source (mkvextract?) and split the audio file after exporting it out of the source using Hybrid.

Thanks in advance!
TrueHD decoding should work afaik., would need a sample to reproduce any problems you got.

Quote:Is it possible to get separate audio files according to the video chapters i.e. split them by chapter marks while creating the output?
You could try using "Base->Queue Chapters".
(10.10.2018, 17:02)Selur Wrote: TrueHD decoding should work afaik., would need a sample to reproduce any problems you got.

Quote:Is it possible to get separate audio files according to the video chapters i.e. split them by chapter marks while creating the output?
You could try using "Base->Queue Chapters".

Wow, now that was quick.

According TrueHD - checked it again - it works. But for some reason exports to %TEMP%, therefore I dind't see it in the first place. Maybe some naming collision in the converting process, didn't get any clue out of the log file (Level 4) - but not really relevant for me either, I'll move the files from %TEMP% when finished. 

And chapter cutting also worked. It took me some time to realise that you are talking about a button Big Grin I was desperately scrolling through all options to find an option with the text written next to it.

Thank you!
I can probably fix that the output is saved into the temp instead of the output folder, but I would need a debug output level 9 of the whole job processing.

Cu Selur
(11.10.2018, 20:57)Selur Wrote: I can probably fix that the output is saved into the temp instead of the output folder, but I would need a debug output level 9 of the whole job processing.

Cu Selur

Hi Selur, as already mentioned, I'm perfectly fine with the result as it is; so no need to invest time in that from my point.
But I don't want to hinder you further improving your software so I attached the logfile Wink
Thanks for the debug output, will look into it.

Cu Selur
Can't reproduce this atm.
What I did here is:
  • load an mkv source with trueHD audio
  • set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'ignore'
  • set 'Base->Processing->Audio' to 'custom'
  • enable 'Audio->Base->Audio Enncoding Options'
  • set 'Audio->Base->Audio Enncoding Options->Encoder->Audio format' to 'flac'
  • set 'Audio->Base->Audio Enncoding Options->BPS' to '24'
  • press 'Audio->Base->Add current'
  • set an output with a '.raw' extension
  • created a new job (Base->Add to queue)
and I got the following subjobs:
Audio extraction: (output is saved to temp folder)
mkvextract tracks "F:\TestClips&Co\files\audio\trueHD Samples\hd_dolby_onyTHD.mkv" 1:"E:\Temp\iId_8_aid_0_20_51_19_1510_01.thd"
Audioconversion: (output is saved to output folder)
ffmpeg -y -threads 8 -loglevel fatal -i "E:\Temp\iId_8_aid_0_20_51_19_1510_01.thd" -ac 8 -ar 48000 -f sox - | sox --multi-threaded --ignore-length --temp "E:\Temp\20_51_19_151002" --buffer 524288 -S -t sox - --endian little -b 24 -t wav - | flac -f -F --ignore-chunk-sizes -5 -o "E:\Output\iId_8_aid_0_20_51_19_151002.flac" -
cleanup for "E:\Temp\iId_8_aid_0_20_51_19_1510_01.thd"
and a rename of "E:\Output\iId_8_aid_0_20_51_19_151002.flac" to "E:\Output\hd_dolby_onyTHD.flac"

-> Can you please describe in more detail what settings you are using?

Cu Selur

Ps.: send you a link to a dev version via PM which might fix the issue (for flac)
Upload of the dev version is ass slow atm. no clue why,.. . will take another 10-15min to upload the file,..

Cu Selur