This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Up-scaling (with or without Waifu2x)
I've been using Waifu2x to scale up a few anime episodes into 4K resolution and I recently discovered Hybrid and instantly fell in love. I'm currently tweaking setting trying to find the optimal way for me to turn my new 4K episodes into 60 fps. I saw on another post back in January that Hybrid doesn't have Waifu2x support so I'm wondering if there's an equivalent operation that can be done within Hybrid to upscale with comparable quality to Waifu2x so that I can do all the procession in one software?

(01.01.2019, 17:00)Selur Wrote: ResampleHQ is meant for gamma-aware resizing not super resolution.
Sorry, support for SuperResolution won't happen.

Personally for super resolution I would probably:
a. use NNEDI3D 
and
b. add some light sharpening.

also I would look over at doom9 (https://forum.doom9.org) whether there was some new method which could help.
Thought about adding support for waifu2x-caffe for some time now, but problem is due to the NVIDIA libraries it depends on, I coudn't distribute the dependencies with it and thus it's not really useful. :/

Cu Selur
Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Hybrid does support Waifu2x when using Vapoursynth it does not support waifu2x-caffe.
For non anime content NNEDI3 is preferable, which is supported through Avisynth and Vapoursynth.

No clue about comparability in regard to Waifu2x since I don't use it.

Cu Selur