This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

hi - encoding really slow
(03.01.2018, 05:49)Selur Wrote: Vapoursynth is a python port of Avisynth. Hybrid uses a 64bit version of Vapoursynth and a 32bit version of Avisynth.
Vapoursynth can handle high bit depth way better than Avisynth and is faster for multi core systems (4+ cores).
Since your encoding is already so slow Vapoursynth might not be an improvement.

Quote:if only there a a way to save your process and the next day continue it again
Putting Windows in hibernation might work,...

Only way to speed things up on your hardware is probably to use a faster preset.

Cu Selur

i use Avisynth for encoding i never use Vapoursynth before
(03.01.2018, 05:49)Selur Wrote: Vapoursynth is a python port of Avisynth. Hybrid uses a 64bit version of Vapoursynth and a 32bit version of Avisynth.
Vapoursynth can handle high bit depth way better than Avisynth and is faster for multi core systems (4+ cores).

Quote:if only there a a way to save your process and the next day continue it again

Only way to speed things up on your hardware is probably to use a faster preset.

Cu Selur

yeah put it in hibernation mode is the only best thing.
thx man!

Cu Selur
yeah hibernate is the only better way.
thx
Hi selur. I have a laptop with i7 3678u cpu. Will the encoding process be faster with this cpu if i use vapoursynth instead of avisynth?
Probably depends on the filters you use.
Vapoursynth has better multi threading support thus more cores help more, but for single threaded stuff it is sometimes slow.
-> best try Smile
i'm having same problem here. getting average 20fps on 4k ending about 3 hours both nvenc gxt 1080 ti and p4000
does hybrid uses Vapoursynth by default? how can i check and how to speed up things?
Yes, Hybrid uses Vapoursynth as the default fiter option.
I need more details. If you provide me with a debug output of a typical Job creation I can look at it an suggest possible speedups,...

Cu Selur
(02.02.2018, 14:42)Selur Wrote: Yes, Hybrid uses Vapoursynth as the default fiter option.
I need more details. If you provide me with a debug output of a typical Job creation I can look at it an suggest possible speedups,...

Cu Selur

where do i get that? is there a log file?
read the sticky,...
(02.02.2018, 17:06)Selur Wrote: read the sticky,...

attached the debug logs

Thanks