This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

how to upscale and encode ass subtitle at the same time?
The original file is 1920*804,  and I want to upscale to 1920*1080 like this picture, and encode  the ass subtitle out of movie screen at the same time. Please tell me how to do it, thanks.

Quote:I want to upscale to 1920*1080 like this picture,
Add borders by:
  • enabling "Crop/Resize->Base->Letterbox" and setting Width&Height to 1920x1080
Quote: and encode the ass subtitle out of movie screen at the same time
Assuming you want to embed / hard-code the subtitle:
  • enable "Base->Subtitle"
  • select the subtitle file under "Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Load external subtitle"
  • enable "Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Embed subtitle in frame"
  • press "Subtitle->Subtitle Queue->add current subtitle ..."

Cu Selur
(27.03.2021, 17:38)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I want to upscale to 1920*1080 like this picture,
Add borders by:
  • enabling "Crop/Resize->Base->Letterbox" and setting Width&Height to 1920x1080
Quote:and encode  the ass subtitle out of movie screen at the same time
Assuming you want to embed / hard-code the subtitle:
  • enable "Base->Subtitle"
  • select the subtitle file under "Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Load external subtitle"
  • enable "Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Embed subtitle in frame"
  • press "Subtitle->Subtitle Queue->add current subtitle ..."

Cu Selur

I tried several times,upscale is ok.But embed subtitle at the same time failed.I use x
264 crf mode.Do i have to encode again just for embeding subtitle?Is it possible upscaling and embed subtitle at the same time?
Without a debug output I can't tell what you are doing wrong.
Yes, scaling and embedding can be done at the same time.
If you do, you might want to check the 'Vapoursynth Preview' assuming you use Vapoursynth, to be sure the Subtitles have the correct height, etc. .
Depending on the scaling of your subtitles you might want to move the 'AddingSubtitle'- before (or after; which is the default) the 'Resize'-filter under 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Filter Order/Queue'.

Cu Selur